GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: apie2004 on 04 September 2010, 23:15

Title: 4 branch
Post by: apie2004 on 04 September 2010, 23:15
Hey, I bought an ebay special 4 branch manifold and I am starting to regret it all ready. I bought the manifold and it didnt have a picture just a stock image of a manifold. Long story short, I dont have a flexi joint or a pipe between the manifold and the exhaust and they want £45 for the pipe which I feel it should have came with. I could be wrong, where else could I go for this?

tldr: I have been a retard
Title: Re: 4 branch
Post by: emery1990 on 05 September 2010, 11:10
how much did ya pay for just the manifold then.

You could always send yours back and ill sell ya mine for £100 posted  :smug: Its a jetex i was told, but should it have a jetex marking on it? as i cant find one?

Title: Re: 4 branch
Post by: apie2004 on 05 September 2010, 18:01
I could get one for £80 where I am :P
Title: Re: 4 branch
Post by: rob.043 on 06 September 2010, 10:40
just buy a length of flexi pipe of the correct diameter, and clamp or weld it to the manifold. Have a look on ebay, there are lods of flexi joints listed is all sorts of sizes. Should get something delivered for sub £20.
Title: Re: 4 branch
Post by: emery1990 on 06 September 2010, 16:47
Get it then, instead of ponsing around making one up lol surely it cant be much cheaper than £80. :undecided:
Title: Re: 4 branch
Post by: apie2004 on 07 September 2010, 20:24
Here is the problem, I have already purchased a brand spanking manifold but I have a feeling that either the previous owner of my car has pikey'd the exhaust. What should I have underneath. I have standard manifold, then twin pipes running for about 80cm down the length of the car. New manifold wont reach that 80cm. Any suggestions?

Cheers

James
Title: Re: 4 branch
Post by: emery1990 on 07 September 2010, 20:45
Thats what i have mate i think, a manifold, the flange joint bit then two pipes go under the car out site into a box then out of the box in a single pipe to connect to the stainless exhaust. Is your new manifold just the top bit then ?
 
or does it look like this one?

(http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/emery1990/100_1095.jpg)

Title: Re: 4 branch
Post by: apie2004 on 08 September 2010, 21:01
Just the top bit.
Title: Re: 4 branch
Post by: apie2004 on 08 September 2010, 22:35
Turns out I have a cat 4 branch. What a twit I am