GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: dannydubs on 01 September 2010, 19:17
-
ok well ive done the search bt cant find shed any light on my pb 8v problems
last week mfa had a fit and didnt make any differnce how many times id reset it,it scrambled again any how managed to fix that and now this week mycoolant temp warning light will randomly flash when it wants even though ive got plenty of water and engine is at normal temp :huh: :huh: :huh:
also it keeps cuting out mainly when cold but sometimes when at normal temp.it idles fine it usaualy happen,s when coming to a stop at a junction it just cuts out and sometimes even at a standstill you rev it and it just drops of and dies starts up again fine ive tried a different isv :huh: :huh: :huh:
please help
lol
-
I'd follow RJ's tuning guide if I were you.
-
ive tried alot of stuff on it but to no joy
-
Get new VW Temp senders as this sorted my issues with my gauge...
GSF ones just don't last and give you these false reading's...
-
did you change them all
-
I have now....
Black one last week VW one £22.00 Plus VAT..
Blue one ages ago... Think it was cheaper..
HTH
-
and these would cause it to cut out :undecided:
-
I doubt it... but should sort your temp gauge issue I guess...
-
ok im with you
and the cutting out :huh: :huh: :huh:
-
Beyond me TBH...
I'm not that technical... PM RJ He might be able to help you!!
-
check the brown and brown/white wires to the side of the head. one of them is the earth for the clocks, other is earth for the engine management. if bad connection here this could explain both issues :)
or it might be a problem with the battery cabling, if the mfa gets low voltage it goes spazzer, this could again also explain why engine is cutting out.
last of all make sure idle switch is clicking when throttle is closed, and wiring to the throttle switches hasnt snapped behind the inlet. then go around doing the obvious checks for vac leaks etc.
-
will give this ago :wink:
-
doesnt seem to be any faults there its cuting out evry time you put the clucth in or take foot of acel pedal :undecided:
-
Hiya I had this on my 1990 pb gti it was the rubber tube that goes into the rocker cover under the flying saucer thingy. It will look intact but mine has split (twice this year) I didn't notice it till I moved it when with the engine running. It's like it's got a huge vac leak.
HTH
-
water light flashing could just be the sensor in the header bottle worth a look
-
leeroy didnt think of that :wink:
have changed the flyin saucer and the pipe coming from it all seems ok at mo for another day :smug:
-
well a week later after geting my car back today and its cuting out again its doing my head :cry: :cry:
-
Your temp warning light flashing is likely to be linked to your probs with MFA. It is all to do with earthing -I believe. If your rev counter blips or packs up at the same time as the temp warning light flashes then deffo probs with instrument panel I would suggest.
-
all sorted was a lose earth :grin: