GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: Haribo! on 01 September 2010, 16:55
-
ok so ive just installed this kit and there's an extra plug that does stuff like window roll up and boot pop, im not doing those two but the third use for it is the two brown wires that can if I understand correctly, will make my indicators flash when I lock/unlock it, where do I attach them too tho?
-
i attached em to the wiring coming from my indicator stalk, black/white and black/grn wires, connected to pins L and R on the stalk :)
-
that did it :) cheers again
-
Just had exactly the same thing, just finished putting mine in but like you say there is extra wires.
Didnt think bout indicaters flashing, instructions were worse than useless.
-
RJ, if I wanted it to give me a cool little bleep everytime I locked/unlocked it, Is there like a little bleeping device I can but and wire up somehow to make a noise at the same time as the flashes?
-
you would have to be carefull how you wire it in, if you put it on with the indicator flash wires it'll beep whenever you indicate :grin:
you could wire it up to a relay, taking the trigger feed from the P wire on the ign switch so beep only sounds when the ignition is off?
not really sure where to get something suitable for the beepery thingy, i guess you want some kind of alarm siren otherwise you wouldn't be able to hear it. ebay may come up trumps for this
-
Sounds like more hassle than its worth, I think il leave it :p
Cheers again
-
Sounds like more hassle than its worth, I think il leave it :p
Cheers again
just make your own little noise everytime you press the but ton! :smiley: