GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: ramps on 31 August 2010, 18:08

Title: steering column boot
Post by: ramps on 31 August 2010, 18:08
Basically i need the rubber boot for the steering column on my 8v non powersteering. I cant find it anywhere all i can seem to see is uv joint boots. Am I just being blind or am I going to need to go all out and get a main dealer part?
Title: Re: steering column boot
Post by: jezza16v on 31 August 2010, 20:49
No longer available anywhere it seems  :sad:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=164148.0
Title: Re: steering column boot
Post by: ramps on 31 August 2010, 20:55
Well just ridiculous! Cheers for the info dude, anyone done any sort of quick fix bodge up to? It is ripped to shreds on my car!
Title: Re: steering column boot
Post by: leeroy20vt on 31 August 2010, 22:19
i fitted a power steering one cut little bit of cottom as there longer and zipped tied it as far as i know its still all good
Title: Re: steering column boot
Post by: jezza16v on 01 September 2010, 08:14
RJ. Is the PAS gaiter definately 'longer'? If so I'll give that a try. Expensive if you mess it up though  :undecided: