GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: Thom89 on 26 August 2010, 13:44

Title: BBS RAs and Tyres
Post by: Thom89 on 26 August 2010, 13:44
What Tyres do you have fitted to your RAs... Tyre size should be 185 60 14 as oe, but I'm interested to know what you guys have fitted, and pics if poss... I'm looking at Uniroyal rainexperts atm, anyone else got them?
Thom
Title: Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
Post by: rob.043 on 26 August 2010, 14:43
ive got 15'' RA's. I did have 195 50's on a set previously. But im hoping to get my 195 45 15 yokohama s-drives on the current wheels over the weekend. Thay came off a 7' wide set of ATS cup's that I sold, but im hoping they will go on the narrower RA rim, as i dont want to buy new ones!
Title: Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
Post by: Mew on 26 August 2010, 16:37
How are you going to be driving it? I bought a set of Yokohama A Drives for my gf's 206 the other week and i've been pleasantly surprised by them in both the wet and dry. £107 delivered for 4 175/65/14s, I seem to remember the 185/60/14s being about £2 per tyre more.
Title: Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
Post by: X4MGS on 26 August 2010, 16:58
I've just fitted some Toyo Proxes to my BBS RM's, I did want to get some Kuhmo's as I have them on my Audi and my RA's but they are hard to get hold of - So my local tyre place tells me...

Size all 195-50-15

HTH
Title: Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
Post by: JimR on 26 August 2010, 17:01
195/50/15 - Toyo T1R proxes.
Title: Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
Post by: walchy01 on 26 August 2010, 17:03
I have Perilli p's 6000, 195 50 15 cost £217 delivered find them good in wet and dry

(http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af253/Walchy01/5cd15d6d.jpg)
Title: Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
Post by: the_stink on 26 August 2010, 17:31
Ive just ordered a set of 4 Toyo T1R's for my refurb'd RA's 195/50/15 Horney told me about Camskill good price on there :)

cant wait to get these on

(http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d5/rocco-jocco/bbsra001.jpg)
Title: Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
Post by: X4MGS on 26 August 2010, 17:43
You can get Toyo's on ebay for £116.50 for 4... Brand new som firm in macclesfield I think...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/195-50-15-TOYO-PROXES-T1R-FOUR-TYRES-1955015-/170522088232?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL
Title: Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
Post by: dubber36 on 26 August 2010, 17:54
185-55-15's on mine as thats what the car had from new.

Golfs with 14" wheels had 185-60-14's
Title: Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
Post by: JC on 26 August 2010, 18:00
i ran Rainsports IIs

Cant fault them, wet or dry,

as for wear, couldnt say, dont seem to keep a set of wheels long enough

had P6000s on our lasses 1.2 easytronic corsa - fookign awful in the wet - even managed to spin them up  :shocked:

Title: Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
Post by: Mew on 26 August 2010, 18:06
Pics of some 14" wheels with 185/60/14 tyres on a small bumper mk2. Not RAs, but hopefully gives you an idea. Tyres are Pirelli P5000 Dragos

(http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/ben_87/LHO/smaller.jpg)

(http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/ben_87/LHO/GtiPortsdown221.jpg)

(http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/ben_87/LHO/gticropnoplate.jpg)
Title: Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
Post by: Thom89 on 26 August 2010, 19:21
Thanks for the replies.. life would be a lot easier if my RAs were 15in! I think I've now found what Im after, 185/60/14 Dunlop SP Sports 01s, nice looking tyre that should compliment my newly refurbed RAs, and £200ish for a set of 4 seems pretty OK, I'll order tomorrow, and should get by next Tues...
Thom
Title: Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
Post by: dadrathers on 17 September 2010, 21:01
Hi Thom - good choice. I am running the same tyres on my R14 steelies. Good all-rounder. I have always liked Dunlop SP - ever since I fitted a set to my Ford Anglia back in 1977!!!!!
Title: Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
Post by: Ben Lessani on 17 September 2010, 22:43
What Tyres do you have fitted to your RAs... Tyre size should be 185 60 14 as oe, but I'm interested to know what you guys have fitted, and pics if poss... I'm looking at Uniroyal rainexperts atm, anyone else got them?
Thom

I ordered some for my mum's Peugeot (14") as I run RainSport II's on my Golf - so went on faith the Uniroyal brand would all be good. I haven't had a decent chance to mess with the car as its tracking is totally out - so it wouldn't be a fair judgement.

The sidewalls are a little soft (but its usually expected on 185/60's), tread is decent and deep and they are a fair price.

When I've had a chance to mess about with the car, I'll report back (even if its too late).
Title: Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
Post by: Thom89 on 17 September 2010, 23:37
In the end I got Dunlop SP Fast response 185/60/14..... was going to get Dunlop SP 01's but my trusted tyre man said that they had been out of production for some time, would be old stock, and possibly difficult to find another in the future should one get damaged..
Thom
Title: Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
Post by: dadrathers on 18 September 2010, 10:02
That's a useful insider line about the SP 01s - according to my research the Fast Response are better all round than the SP 01s but more expensive per mile.
Title: Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
Post by: Thom89 on 18 September 2010, 14:40
That's a useful insider line about the SP 01s - according to my research the Fast Response are better all round than the SP 01s but more expensive per mile.

Yeah, totally happy with the Dunlops, look great too..
Thom