GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: walchy01 on 24 August 2010, 18:18

Title: Car garage/gazebo
Post by: walchy01 on 24 August 2010, 18:18
Hi there

I am looking for decent quality gazebo / car prep  cover, the one's with side panels etc as I have no garage and am wanting to keep the valver out of the winter weather. Has anyone ever bought one and advise best place/price to get one from, really needs to fixable into  the drive and obviously stable so it don't collapse onto my car :rolleyes: sorry I can't think of the word to describe exactly what I need but I think you get my idea


S
Title: Re: Car garage/gazebo
Post by: Carnie on 24 August 2010, 20:11
I know exactly what you mean as my mate just bought one,think their called race tents or rally tents,found this place that do them.

http://www.dancover.co.uk/racing-tents-pit-tents.htm


Ill ask my mate where he got his as he said he only paid £40 and its 10 ft by 20 ft,sure it was ebay or amazon.
Title: Re: Car garage/gazebo
Post by: jeremybarker on 24 August 2010, 20:23
I've been looking for a temporary garage as i don't have one either.

I came across the Dubhut which looks extremely well put together and if i can fit it on the drive i'll be getting one soon. HTH

www.protech-shelters.co.uk/vw/

Golf size works out at £500 inc the v & t


Title: Re: Car garage/gazebo
Post by: walchy01 on 25 August 2010, 07:36
Thanks for those  2 ideas. :smiley:
Title: Re: Car garage/gazebo
Post by: dadrathers on 25 August 2010, 12:48
If you just want to keep it clean and keep the worst of weather off, you could just get a decent cover. I have been using one from the people below for several years. Five minutes to put on and take off, breathable, does not sctratch and about £250 when I bought mine. Actually tailored made to fit - they need to know things like "is it the big bumper model".

http://www.specialisedcarcovers.com/

Just an idea.

P.S. You have to wash the car first though. So if it is your daily then it is non-starter
Title: Re: Car garage/gazebo
Post by: Gloves88 on 25 August 2010, 13:46
Ill ask my mate where he got his as he said he only paid £40 and its 10 ft by 20 ft,sure it was ebay or amazon.

If you could find out where he got one at that price that would be amazing!

Im after just a (super) cheap shelter for when I'm working on the car and it decides to piss it down
Title: Re: Car garage/gazebo
Post by: Mew on 25 August 2010, 17:14
I use an Argos gazebo to keep me dry, as long as it doesn't rain sideways!
Title: Re: Car garage/gazebo
Post by: walchy01 on 25 August 2010, 18:59
It is more for me to work under really, getting fed up of cleaning it all for it to get rained on within minutes, u know with this great summer we are having :cry:
Title: Re: Car garage/gazebo
Post by: jeremybarker on 25 August 2010, 20:00
I feel your pain, i polished my car for the first time on Monday and it's been getting drenched since Tuesday, the rains already busted our gazebo.

I'm also looking into making my own car wooden car port, 4 posts set into the ground,frame and low pitched roof as i think it'll be far cheaper and be more weather resistant than some of the others.
Title: Re: Car garage/gazebo
Post by: twistedblack69 on 26 August 2010, 14:41
I was thinking of doing that, but my car's in a private car park, so I gotta watch not to go into next door's space lol. Luckily mine's an end space, so I can use the pavement a bit
Title: Re: Car garage/gazebo
Post by: X4MGS on 02 September 2010, 12:22
Halfrauds are having a sale on these items... £39.99 & maybe 15% off...

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_746141_langId_-1_categoryId_165669?jspStoreDir=HalfordsConsumerDirect&mpe_id=65853&cm_cr=No+Campaign-_-Web+Activity-_-05-AUG10-CAMPACC-R2-1-_-PRODCAT_ESPOTRIGHT_165457-_-05-AUG10-CAMPACC-R2-1&catalogId=10151&evtype=CpgnClick&intv_id=150464&langId=-1&storeId=10001&ddkey=ClickInfo#dtab
Title: Re: Car garage/gazebo
Post by: russ-vdub on 02 September 2010, 12:52
yeah i'd go a bit diy on this for a cheaper solution. Semi decent gazebo, some pipe conduit going from corner to corner on 3 sides (like an X), then get some clear membrane and hot glue gun to the frame and sew to the sieds and roof - Then for the front just sew in some velcro pads down the edges, fix along the top pole and  then you have yourself a flappy door !
Title: Re: Car garage/gazebo
Post by: jmsheahan on 07 September 2010, 15:28
I've been looking for a temporary garage as i don't have one either.

I came across the Dubhut which looks extremely well put together and if i can fit it on the drive i'll be getting one soon. HTH

www.protech-shelters.co.uk/vw/

Golf size works out at £500 inc the v & t


Just managed to pick one of these up cheap as chips. Will report back if they are any good or not. Neighbors are going to love me  :laugh: