GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: Haribo! on 24 August 2010, 17:33
-
is it me or have 1.1 - 1.3 mk2s become really rare? like I go on here, ebay or trade it etc and i see plenty of gti's and quite a few 1.6s but no smaller ones, Im trying to find a little golf for my brothers first car, 1.3 maximum and so far ive found one and its too far away, tis madness!
-
all the 1.3's have been 16v'd like mine :wink:
-
Pretty sure the Gti's consistently outsold the lower models throughout their lifetimes anyway which wont help.
-
The insurance will still be quite high on a 1.3 mk2 Golf, from what I remember they are quite a high insurance group compared to Fiesta's and other cars of similar engine sizes, just so you know
-
Scrappage for you.....
Thom
-
How many 1.3's have been turned into GTI's...
If the body's sound the rest is just a transplant... I bet a GTI will fetch 3-5 times as much as a 1.3 or 1.6 Driver!!
-
The insurance will still be quite high on a 1.3 mk2 Golf, from what I remember they are quite a high insurance group compared to Fiesta's and other cars of similar engine sizes, just so you know
Yeh, altho he is 21 so hes not THAT young so hopefully itl be manageable, main reason he wants a golf is cause i have a shed full of spare golf parts and a fair bit of knowledge about them (which isnt a lot but compared to every other car its sh!t loads) :laugh:
-
Ok cool well yea shouldn't be too bad. Has he just passed, or has he got some NCB? I was 21 with 1 years NCB at the start of this policy and I paid £715 on an 8v GTI
-
Ok cool well yea shouldn't be too bad. Has he just passed, or has he got some NCB? I was 21 with 1 years NCB at the start of this policy and I paid £715 on an 8v GTI
well he passed his test when he was 18, had a car for abit, crashed it, scrapped it, and didnt bother getting another one cause he went to uni. so he hasnt got any no claims but hes held his license for a good few years
-
itll be cheap as as chips probs, my insurance only goes down majorly for each year ive held my licence,
-
The lower CC's were pony, can't imagine many of them being left around when they can be cannabilised into parts.
-
barnsley isnt FAR - a lot less than i travelled for my valver G2 .
http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=FSW&action=display&thread=87181
crack on :grin:
-
My first car was a Mars red 2 door 1.3. Bought it in 1997. Actually it was registered as a 1.0 but the previous owner had put the 1.3 in it. My God was it slow.
I still have the car. Been in my garage for about 11 years now. Mint, no rust anywhere. Sentimentality forces me to keep it. Hope to GTI it up one day, or make it into a track car.