GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: JasonPD on 14 August 2010, 13:07

Title: Mk2 GTI 90s spec side skirt repacement
Post by: JasonPD on 14 August 2010, 13:07
Hi, on the journey home from picking up my 3dr 16v (Devon to Edinburgh) - I hit a massive puddle which made the most horrendous noise and as I looked into the rear view mirror I saw a peice of plastic fly off into the bush  :cry:.

It turns out I've ripped off the LH side skirt but the arch trims are still intact.  Where is the best place to purchase a replacement part?  Will I get a VAG one or will it be a pattern part or do I have to find a breakers?  I'd prefer a new item if possible.

Cheers  :smiley:
Title: Re: Mk2 GTI 90s spec side skirt repacement
Post by: Reasty on 14 August 2010, 13:12
Big boys toys/vw heritage sell them,I'd have a look under the car to make sure there no damage to the sill aswell.
Title: Re: Mk2 GTI 90s spec side skirt repacement
Post by: X4MGS on 14 August 2010, 13:43
I got one from the stealers for mine... I also got new fixings etc & it was a Perfect fit...

The price wasn't that bad either when you consider how dear some parts are...

Think it was about £70.00 all in....

(http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae358/LeS2Audi/dross/Etka-1.jpg)
Title: Re: Mk2 GTI 90s spec side skirt repacement
Post by: cняis on 14 August 2010, 16:03
parts are still available from the dealers, even if you get a second hand side skirt you'll still need new clips (5 per side skirt) and a retaining strip.

dead easy to fit, its all self-adhesive  :laugh:
Title: Re: Mk2 GTI 90s spec side skirt repacement
Post by: JasonPD on 14 August 2010, 18:05
Grand, cheers for the advice guys, I'll give them a call on Monday  :smiley: