GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: bodga on 13 August 2010, 23:17

Title: I thought i would share with you all my little find
Post by: bodga on 13 August 2010, 23:17
Whilst lying by a pool in majorca tryin to catch the rays i happened to notice a tidy mk2  :cool:

(http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu310/bodga/DSCI0083.jpg)

Not one for sitting about doin f**k all i went down to have a closer look.

(http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu310/bodga/DSCI0079.jpg)
(http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu310/bodga/DSCI0078.jpg)
(http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu310/bodga/DSCI0081.jpg)
(http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu310/bodga/DSCI0082.jpg)

I had a look underneath, f**k me! it was spotless :shocked: like it had come out the factory. only thing it needed was a bit of linseed oil on the bumpers :cool: and have my name on the log book LOL it made my day :cool: It suprised me it didnt have A/C. nice eh?
Title: Re: I thought i would share with you all my little find
Post by: Mr Blue on 13 August 2010, 23:32
Not bad at all :cool:
Title: Re: I thought i would share with you all my little find
Post by: twistedblack69 on 13 August 2010, 23:33
Few personal touches I wouldn't have, but looks rather nice. Are they Wolfsberg alloys? Looks like the 'berg logo on the centrecaps but haven't seen those alloys before. Nice find :) and hope ya enjoying the sun ya b*stard  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Title: Re: I thought i would share with you all my little find
Post by: Wayne on 13 August 2010, 23:37
Nice find
Title: Re: I thought i would share with you all my little find
Post by: bodga on 13 August 2010, 23:50
LOL, im home now :sad: i liked the alloys, looked cool. I saw a 5 door version one of the nites in town as well, couldnt get my camera out quick enough (too much sangria) :laugh:

ive just noticed thou its had a new wing on the passenger side, plastic arch is missing :huh:


I cant help it. werever i go im on the look out for old golf's. :grin:
Title: Re: I thought i would share with you all my little find
Post by: OakeyDoak16v on 14 August 2010, 01:40
Did you "tamper" with the arial in between taking pic number 2 and pic number3??  :smiley:
Title: Re: I thought i would share with you all my little find
Post by: Mitching on 14 August 2010, 09:10
Nice!
When I was in Tunisia a few weeks ago there were loads of MK2 gtds, mk1 golfs and mk1 and mk2 polos, but they were all filthy and covered in dents :(
Title: Re: I thought i would share with you all my little find
Post by: tony_ack on 14 August 2010, 09:26
I saw quite a few in Spain when we were there last year. Because the climate is a lot drier, they don't rust or rot anywhere near as fast as they do in the damp UK.

In some parts of the UK a MK2 will spend more days wet or damp than it does completely dry, so a car making it to its 20th birthday is something of an achievement!
Title: Re: I thought i would share with you all my little find
Post by: bodga on 14 August 2010, 20:11
Did you "tamper" with the arial in between taking pic number 2 and pic number3??  :smiley:


I cant explain that one :shocked: camera playing tricks :huh:



I saw quite a few in Spain when we were there last year. Because the climate is a lot drier, they don't rust or rot anywhere near as fast as they do in the damp UK.

In some parts of the UK a MK2 will spend more days wet or damp than it does completely dry, so a car making it to its 20th birthday is something of an achievement!

Quite true, the underside of that one was unbelevable, rear axle was still with its origional paint. mine is origional rust LOL