GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: georgenewman1 on 12 August 2010, 21:50
-
just a quikie to get some opinions, is it worth fitting uprated engine mountings, ive got an induction kit and a 4branch and system fitted so no major increast in power and am going to swap out for a vr6 somewen so expense is a bit of an issue as its only shortish term, cheers
-
If the mounts are knackered then replace with standard items, otherwise leave well alone
-
If your running a 4 branch then a uprated front mount is a good idea.
-
If the mounts are knackered then replace with standard items, otherwise leave well alone
As above.
-
Sorry to Hijack this post but relevant to the original post.
I need to replace the engine mounts & was going to stick with standard. Are the ones from GSF/ECP ok or is it recommended to get a dealer part (assuming they're available).
Thanks
Sukhi
-
Sorry to Hijack this post but relevant to the original post.
I need to replace the engine mounts & was going to stick with standard. Are the ones from GSF/ECP ok or is it recommended to get a dealer part (assuming they're available).
Thanks
Sukhi
Will be fine :afro:
-
I used GSF for mine, seem fine, although I added some extra layers of hammerite to stave off corrosion a bit longer. The paint didnt look to be the best.
I also searched the forum to find that the mounts to go for are a G60 spec rear, 1.3 model front mount, and 1.3 gear box mount (think that's right). As these are the best of the standard designs, offering the stiffest OEM setup. i.e. hydraulic types are not worth having over the solid rubber ones.
-
Thanks very much.