GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: bidham-wants-it on 12 August 2010, 18:20
-
Hi guys, first post to the forum and I am after a little help
Cars in for MOT tomorrow and I have a fault with the indicators :sad:
Hazards work fine, right hand side indictaors flassh normally but the left hand side flashes really quickly yet the fuse seems fine, and the bulbs all look ok. Additonally the left hand side rear fog light dosent work (even when I swapped the bulb for the right side thats working) !!!!!
Any help would be great
-
LH rear fogs are not a requirement, but the RH one must be working. In fact none of my mk2s have had a working LH rear fog.
make sure your flasher relay is pushed in fully, you'll know which it is because when you put your hazards on, you'll feel it and hear it clicking in the fusebox. if all bulbs are working (and flashing) then maybe its time for a new relay.
-
Thanks for that, I just tried feeling the relay and you can feel it switching and its totally home.
Its weird as they work normally when the alarm is set......
If I was to get a new relay where could I get one from, from GPC or any car centre ???
Also why does it make only the left hand side flash eratically ??
I know a lot of questions but its just good to be with likeminded knowledgable people !!!!
-
Thanks for that, I just tried feeling the relay and you can feel it switching and its totally home.
Its weird as they work normally when the alarm is set......
If I was to get a new relay where could I get one from, from GPC or any car centre ???
Also why does it make only the left hand side flash eratically ??
I know a lot of questions but its just good to be with likeminded knowledgable people !!!!
I can answer this bit, the alarm doesnt go through the relay when you arm/disarm the car
-
Think I have one... What number is on the top??
Thanks for that, I just tried feeling the relay and you can feel it switching and its totally home.
Its weird as they work normally when the alarm is set......
If I was to get a new relay where could I get one from, from GPC or any car centre ???
Also why does it make only the left hand side flash eratically ??
I know a lot of questions but its just good to be with likeminded knowledgable people !!!!
-
It says no. 21 and its a 4 way relay by 21W
VW part no. 191 l953 227A
Do you have that one ???
-
Yep I've got 3....
If you send me £4.50 as a "Gift" from paypal to me @ X4MGS@hotmail.co.uk I will pop one in the post 1st class tomorrow....
:smiley: :wink:
-
Wow R u a collecter ?? ha, ha
are they brand new cause if so I will do that for sure ??
-
Used - But Tested....
New they are about £15.00
-
Just sent the money !!
-
Cheers... Emailed you for the addy to send it too.... :tongue:
-
just emailed you the address thanks ......