GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: gavL on 12 August 2010, 09:00
-
My brother (jamie_pyrite) left his Mk2 KR for us to work on but found it was missing on Cylinder 2. So we ran a compression test and found everything to be fine with that Cylinder 2 was down a very little bit but that would be to expected.
To replace an injector on a KR block is it hard? Rough idea of time scale and cost?
-
Just noticed its a lot easier than I thought. Tiredness fail :shocked:
-
I'm thinking of changing my Injectors and I need to get em out to change me inlet sooooo... How easy is it? Do they just pull out?
Cheers
-
I was considering this the other day, tried it on my spare mainfold with the injectors in it. Gave it a fair old pull but nowt.
Didn't want to pull too hard in case I broke it, but from what I can gather it's a pull out job...That and leave the "top hats" off
-
They are supposed to just pull out but if they have been in a while they can be a bit difficult.
I removed mine by twisting the injector slightly (clockwise/anti-clockwise) and pulling firmly. Be careful not to twist/bend the metal fuel pipe & make sure the connection at the metering head is detached and pipe is free.
Also well worth a little grease on the upper and lower seals when re-fitting:wink:
-
i have read that using an open ended spanner under the injector nut and levering against the manifold is a good way or use long nose mole grips
-
angle grinder :evil:
-
i have read that using an open ended spanner under the injector nut and levering against the manifold is a good way or use long nose mole grips
yep, don't touch the pipes when removing them.
Also be aware that if the o ring stays in the hole and not on the injector the o ring will probably pull the top hat off and drop it onto the inlet valves