GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: SparkySX on 11 August 2010, 23:44

Title: BMC Stopper
Post by: SparkySX on 11 August 2010, 23:44
I've tried having a look around but can't find if there is one available for a MK2 GTI 8v.

Where can I buy one? Or anyone got one for sale?

The main reason being I'd like to improve the braking without changing the brake cylinder. The car has new brake fluid, new disks and pads all round and recon rear calipers.

Cheers
Phil
Title: Re: BMC Stopper
Post by: Neo Badness on 12 August 2010, 00:03
Why not fit 256mm claipers from a 16v? Cheap upgrade if someone is upgrading to 280mm's?
Title: Re: BMC Stopper
Post by: twistedblack69 on 12 August 2010, 16:12
If someone's upgrading to 280mm discs, chances are they'll be keeping the same hubs, just changing the carriers and calipers, whereas if you're upgrading from 8v (239mm) to LATE 16v (256mm, early 16v had 239mm discs also, just so you know) you'll need the 16v hubs aswell