GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: mboon on 07 August 2010, 19:18
-
today I went on a 10 mile drive and had three golfs all right up my ass, one must of been no more than 6 inchs away when he turned off!
Had two MK2's and one MK4 all right up my back box!!! What do they achieve by it! Do they really want to race and prove whos thingy is bigger or something?
Anyone else get this?
-
yes, in the corrado all the time :angry:
not in the golf anymore, its too loud :grin:
-
use your secret weapon: the smoke screen!
All mk2's have it fitted as standard :grin:
-
hahaha,
I gave ours 6000rpm the other day and it didnt smoke at all, I was chuffed
-
They can't catch up to me, plus I drive in the middle the road with no lights upto a bollard then swarve at the last minutes "I love the smell of burning rubber and brakes in the morning" :evil:
-
when mines going i just drive it flat everywhere so never really have any problems
-
Mine doesnt smoke at 6500, just smells a bit lol (1st gear)
-
Couldnt drive her flat out, its a twenty year old car lol. Can imagine it lasting too long flat out.
-
little tab of the left foot braking, just to freak them out. Or failing that a full on emergency stop for that "child that darted out".
They sh!t themselves either way you achieve the desired result. If they run into you, it's their fault, free respray. :cool:
Or don't drive like an old lady.
-
little tab of the left foot braking, just to freak them out. Or failing that a full on emergency stop for that "child that darted out".
They sh!t themselves either way you achieve the desired result. If they run into you, it's their fault, free respray. :cool:
Or don't drive like an old lady.
+1
-
true, there is driving like an old lady and driving sensible.
When the time is right the car will be driven hard, but when your stuck behind someone going slow and no where safe to overtake you have to just stay put.
I dont get why golfs tailgate another golf? do they want to try and prove who has the quickest golf or something?
-
Never had this problem... TBH
-
true, there is driving like an old lady and driving sensible.
When the time is right the car will be driven hard, but when your stuck behind someone going slow and no where safe to overtake you have to just stay put.
Absolutely, however if you look above that you'll see the reference to dab of brakes usually reminds people of their braking distances. Short of being drunk and reversing into someone you them if they go into the back of you, it's their fault. Obviously you can't legistlate for all the knob heads on the road but I doubt it has much to do with driving a Golf and more to do with them being knobheads.
-
i get it time to time aswell. just slamm on the brakes normally does the trick. :evil:
-
Had it recently with an R32. The look on his face when i pulled away from him around 140. :cool:
-
Had it recently with an R32. The look on his face when i pulled away from him around 140. :cool:
Which of course WAS on a private road
-
surely you meant 13:40 or was 01:40. Y'know... the time?
-
He accidently put the 0 there, it was 14... and the other person was driving a mk3.. couldnt keep up!
-
See most people with Golfs don't tail me as they know they'll probs get schooled!. Done my mates Mk4 1.8T GTi without a struggle so mainly only get stupid nippers in Corsa sat up my ass.. I just go real slow round a corner then hammer it away and then they don't bother. Best thing to do cos you don't need to go over 60 to lose them ;)
-
you see what you guys want is some 6 cylinder torque... :tongue:
-
you see what you guys want is some 6 cylinder torque... :tongue:
Yeah but come on,
177 ft·lbf of torque form a 2.8 litre 6 cylinder engine loads of torque :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
-
Nah, I wouldnt want the front end to weigh more than the car! :laugh:
-
Nah, I wouldnt want the front end to weigh more than the car! :laugh:
Need 2 Fat Birds in the car all the time to balance it up... Then slow it down.... :tongue: :grin: :grin: :grin:
-
I got a straight 6 on the driveway, but they never play when I am in the M3.
-
I got a straight 6 on the driveway, but they never play when I am in the M3.
You've never come across me in my S2 Coupe then... :rolleyes: :evil:
-
Sounds like back 2 school stuff now doe it,
My dads harder than your dad cause he got tattoos
-
s2. Is that the one that was quicker to 30 than the f1 car of the time..
-
s2. Is that the one that was quicker to 30 than the f1 car of the time..
I doubt it... It's a 2.2 Turbo... so 0-30 is crap... 30-50 is blistering quick
Performance S2 Coupe (In Stock 230BHP) Mines Been Chipped and is pushing 280BHP
0-50 mph 4.2
0-62 mph (0-100 km/h), s 5.9
0-70 mph, s 7.5
30-50 mph (3rd gear), s 3.8
30-50 mph (4th gear), s 5.0
50-70 mph (3rd gear), s 3.6
50-70 mph (4th gear), s 4.1
50-70 mph (5th gear), s 4.8
-
nice, I am starting to like Audis, my brother had a S3 with a map, it was a quick capable car and had all the toys.
Which one was quicker than the F1 car to 30, was it the RS2?
-
.........YAWN........... :wink:
-
Which one was quicker than the F1 car to 30, was it the RS2?
Could be but I've never heard that quote before...
Problem with turbo cars is the turbo dont kick in till 2.5k RPM by which time you are nearly doing 30 anyway....
-
.........YAWN........... :wink:
Sorry M8 We keeping you UP???
Go to bed then... It's Past your Bedtime & Its Big Boys Time Now :tongue: :lipsrsealed:
-
keeping me up youve sent me to sleep :grin: didnt know it was gay boys oops sorry big boys time you enjoy yourself
-
keeping me up youve sent me to sleep :grin: didnt know it was gay boys oops sorry big boys time you enjoy yourself
I dont know how you have the gawl... With an Egg Whisk spoiling the view of that Nice looking Mk2.. :smug:
-
ha ha ha i like it :laugh:
-
Just like me and my Audi then.... :laugh:
-
we not allowed to talk about other cars on this site lol
-
Ive got a s3 with a revo map to 260bhp as my daily ...
In the mk you drive the car, you hold the wheel and feel the road you experience the drive
in the s3 you just hang on
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_RS2_Avant
its in there somewhere about the RS2 being quicker to 30 than the Maclaren F1 Car, I think they mean the road car one not the actual track car one lol
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_RS2_Avant
its in there somewhere about the RS2 being quicker to 30 than the Maclaren F1 Car, I think they mean the road car one not the actual track car one lol
The Mclaren F1 supercar.
not a formula 1 mclaren :grin:
-
either way. Thats still bloody impressive