GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: lingl9z on 06 August 2010, 08:31

Title: Engine Oil?
Post by: lingl9z on 06 August 2010, 08:31
I'll more than likely be doing an oil change soonish but until then just wanted to top my level's up a bit.

Which oil should I go for? I've done a search and some say 10w40 semi synth others say diff things. I typed my reg in to the halfords site and it gave me

0w40
10w40
and 15w40 ?

Would this do the trick ?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_254053_langId_-1_categoryId_165581#dtab
Title: Re: Engine Oil?
Post by: rob.043 on 06 August 2010, 16:29
Check this out too...

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=59317.0 (http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=59317.0)

Im sure the 10w-40 will be just fine. Use whatever is reccomonded for your engine (?). If you have a handbook, or service maual, that will give you an indication. It would be worth sticking to the same priduct when you do an oil change tho....