GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: twistedblack69 on 04 August 2010, 14:05
-
Is the part of the dash surround above the chrome trim seperate from the bit below?? Because from the rev counter across to the radio, the top part of my dash curves up, rather than being flat against the top of the panel, I just figured it was warped, but after looking at it yesterday, I remembered that the dash on the Corrado's is curved, so is it possible that the top half is from a Corrado??
-
No. COrrado dash is a completely different molding from top to bottom.
nick
-
Ahh, OK, back to my confusion :s I'll get a pic up after work
-
Good plan :cool:
Nick
-
Corrado:
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr182/the_flying_elvi/corrado.jpg)
MK2 Golf:
(http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr182/the_flying_elvi/dash.jpg)
-
See that golf Elvi posted looks like it has the same "problem" as mine. Above the demister switch, the dash surround is arched up, where as at each side of the dash (above the left side of the radio, and above the headlight switch) its arched down, is this a standard thing? (I'm sorry, I'm sh*t at describing things lol)
-
The curve on the main dash box? I think they're all like that either through age or from factory. Mine pulls down in the middle a bit when you do all the screw up holding the face panel in.
Nick
-
They warp after a while with heat and sunlight.
-
They came curved from the factory
-
the 2nd pic is my car, i have since replaced it with another. now the bottom is more bowed :(
looking at some brochures, the pic is how they're supposed to look it seems:
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=69551.0