GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: ianmaxtec on 03 August 2010, 22:31

Title: mk 2 distro
Post by: ianmaxtec on 03 August 2010, 22:31
can anybody suggest where I might get a distro for my 86 mk2  golf. I am looking for a new unit ( as the springs in mine no longer work). tried a few places, but the same answer: no longer available !

Cheers
Title: Re: mk 2 distro
Post by: The Mighty Elvi on 04 August 2010, 16:16
What's a "distro"?

Title: Re: mk 2 distro
Post by: mwep201081 on 04 August 2010, 16:22
What's a "distro"?



Distributor obviously....a more appropriate question would be the type of engine the distributor is for.....
Title: Re: mk 2 distro
Post by: ianmaxtec on 11 August 2010, 14:48
Been away for some time, and was unable to get to a PC, the engine type is EV, which is the 8 valve 1.8 k-jetronic type, the distro, or should I say Distributor is a bosch unit part number 026905205AK

Thanks
Title: Re: mk 2 distro
Post by: Reasty on 13 August 2010, 21:50
i take it you have tried eurocarparts and gsf?
Title: Re: mk 2 distro
Post by: Ben Lessani on 14 August 2010, 00:07
i take it you have tried eurocarparts and gsf?

Neither sell the EV dizzy.

I just got mine off eBay - it arrived today, looks good as new, fitting it tomorrow ...

026905206A

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-reconditioned-Distributor-MK1-AND-MK2-GOLF-GTI-/170521048068?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b3d8b404
Title: Re: mk 2 distro
Post by: OakeyDoak16v on 14 August 2010, 01:35
What's a "distro"?



Distributor obviously....a more appropriate question would be the type of engine the distributor is for.....
When was it obvious that distro meant distributor?

Weirdo.   :huh:
Title: Re: mk 2 distro
Post by: mwep201081 on 14 August 2010, 11:46
What's a "distro"?



Distributor obviously....a more appropriate question would be the type of engine the distributor is for.....
When was it obvious that distro meant distributor?

Weirdo.   :huh:

Yes. I'm weird for using common sense...a commodity that appears to be lacking in most people these days.  :lipsrsealed:
Title: Re: mk 2 distro
Post by: ianmaxtec on 16 August 2010, 16:23


Neither sell the EV dizzy.

I just got mine off eBay - it arrived today, looks good as new, fitting it tomorrow ...

026905206A

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-reconditioned-Distributor-MK1-AND-MK2-GOLF-GTI-/170521048068?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b3d8b404
[/quote]

According to MSL (VW in Dublin) the correct dizzy for my engine is 026905205AK, I presume there is more than one unit to fit the car. I also looked at 123 ignition, as I have heard good reports, but I suspect they dont make a unit for the MK2, pity.
Title: Re: mk 2 distro
Post by: ianmaxtec on 16 August 2010, 16:30
I should add I have tried EVERYWHERE to get a dizzy for a EV engine (countless breakers, ebay USA, Bosce UK, Bosch Germany, Alson, Dave Andrews, and many many more.....all I want are the advance springs
Title: Re: mk 2 distro
Post by: Ben Lessani on 16 August 2010, 18:18
According to MSL (VW in Dublin) the correct dizzy for my engine is 026905205AK, I presume there is more than one unit to fit the car. I also looked at 123 ignition, as I have heard good reports, but I suspect they dont make a unit for the MK2, pity.

That was the part no. off my old dizzy  ... physically, there were a tiny bit different - but I've found a lot of parts "change" slightly from the original spec anyway.

(http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/blessani/mini-CIMG7710.jpg) (http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=49436.900000)

The same product carries all these part no's

    * BOSCH 0237020152
    * BOSCH 0 237 035 001
    * BOSCH 0 237 024 032
    * BOSCH 0 237 024 027
    * BOSCH 0 237 024 019
    * BOSCH 0 237 022 035
    * BOSCH 0 237 020 190
    * BOSCH 0 237 020 169
    * BOSCH 0 237 020 153
    * BOSCH 0 237 020 135
    * BOSCH 0 237 020 110
    * BOSCH 0 237 020 089
    * BOSCH 0 237 020 081

    * PEUGEOT 5904.25

    * SEAT 51905205
    * SEAT 050905205A
    * SEAT 050 905 205 A

    * VW 51905205
    * VW 50905205
    * VW 26905206
    * VW 175905206A
    * VW 056905205L
    * VW 050905205K
    * VW 050905205J
    * VW 050905205H
    * VW 050905205F
    * VW 050905205E
    * VW 050905205D
    * VW 050905205C
    * VW 050905205B
    * VW 050905205A
    * VW 050 905 205 K
    * VW 050 905 205 H
    * VW 050 905 205 D
    * VW 049905206G
    * VW 049905206F
    * VW 049905206D
    * VW 027905205R
    * VW 027905205Q
    * VW 027905205M
    * VW 027905205H
    * VW 027905205F
    * VW 027 905 205 R
    * VW 026905206T
    * VW 026905206K
    * VW 026905206J
    * VW 026905206H
    * VW 026905206G
    * VW 026905206F
    * VW 026905206E
    * VW 026905206C
    * VW 026905206B
    * VW 026905206AD
    * VW 026905206AC
    * VW 026905206A
    * VW 026905205Q
    * VW 026905205P
    * VW 026905205N
    * VW 026905205L
    * VW 026905205J
    * VW 026905205H
    * VW 026905205G
    * VW 026905205AK
    * VW 026905205AJ
    * VW 026905205AH
    * VW 026905205AG
    * VW 026905205AF
    * VW 026905205AD
    * VW 026905205AC
    * VW 026905205AB
    * VW 026905205AA
    * VW 026 905 206 K
    * VW 026 905 206 C
    * VW 026 905 205 P
    * VW 026 905 205 AH

If you PM the seller on eBay - even if you don't want the whole dizzy, he will probably sell you the individual items you want (as he refurbs them himself). But for the trouble, it might just be easier buying a new one ;)
Title: Re: mk 2 distro
Post by: raferackstraw on 16 August 2010, 18:22
have you tried these? i put your engine details in and it came up with this

http://www.probedistributors.co.uk/PartLists.aspx?PerformSearch=everything&SearchValue=1654 (http://www.probedistributors.co.uk/PartLists.aspx?PerformSearch=everything&SearchValue=1654)
Title: Re: mk 2 distro
Post by: ianmaxtec on 16 August 2010, 19:56
cheers for that, But, the Bosch numbers at the bottom of the list dont tally with mine. If i do a search on the same site, using my part number ( 026905205AK ) this is the only hit http://www.probedistributors.co.uk/PartLists.aspx?PerformSearch=manufacturercode&SearchValue=026905205AK

Title: Re: mk 2 distro
Post by: ianmaxtec on 16 August 2010, 20:51
Ben,

whats under your bonnet? is it EV, K-jet-8V MK2 ? and how did your new dizzy work out ?
Title: Re: mk 2 distro
Post by: ianmaxtec on 16 August 2010, 21:05
looked again at probedistributors, and there is more than 1 dizzy available (different part numbers). not sure which is the correct unit

http://www.probedistributors.co.uk/PartLists.aspx?s_vid=1654&s_ec=EV
Title: Re: mk 2 distro
Post by: Ben Lessani on 16 August 2010, 21:09
Ben,

whats under your bonnet? is it EV, K-jet-8V MK2 ? and how did your new dizzy work out ?


1.8 8v GTI K-jet (EV).

Dizzy is spot on - the car is good again. As I said, slightly different shape to the previous one, but same gearing and pulse.

If you are concerned about fit - email the seller on eBay.
Title: Re: mk 2 distro
Post by: ianmaxtec on 16 August 2010, 21:15
Ever come across 123ignition.net ? They have some very interesting units. The latest is a "solid state" dizzy, with a USB socket, so you can change the advance curve (don’t think they make one for the golf, yet). But if you read the comments on the forum, they are very positive. My brother in law bought one for his DS 6 years ago, and it’s been spot on since (he had loads of issues with the original)