GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: mcscooby on 12 July 2010, 23:50

Title: How do I know what colour grey it is?
Post by: mcscooby on 12 July 2010, 23:50
Soory for the obvious newbie question, but I've just bought a J reg more door Golf GTi and I'd like to know what the colour is called.
Title: Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
Post by: The Mighty Elvi on 12 July 2010, 23:56


Go to the boot.  look inside and have a look for a sticker.  There should be a sticker with the paint code displayed.

For example.  Mine is LA5U - Royal Blue.

If not, use the search, Luke.

Title: Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
Post by: Thom89 on 13 July 2010, 00:52
If you have the service book, a duplicate paper sticker to the one in the boot, can be found inside the front cover....
Thom
Title: Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
Post by: walchy01 on 13 July 2010, 17:06
Or if you have neither of the above call Vw with your reg number :grin:
Title: Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
Post by: tony_ack on 13 July 2010, 17:35
LA7U = Pearl Grey
LP7V = Atlas Grey

Later Golfs (late G-reg onwards) are usually Pearl Grey, but not exclusively
Title: Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
Post by: Neo Badness on 13 July 2010, 18:37
Not Dolphin grey? :lipsrsealed:
Title: Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
Post by: mcscooby on 19 July 2010, 16:48
It's Pearl.... LA7U. Cheers :D
Title: Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
Post by: tony_ack on 19 July 2010, 19:06
Nice colour - one of the underrated ones I think!

Let me know if you need any body panels in that colour - mine met an untimely end, and it's looking like I may have to break it now.