GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: jmsheahan on 10 July 2010, 16:24
-
The oil pressure sender in the side of the head always leaked a bit of oil on my 8v PB. I've changed the sender for a new one but it's still leaking out, filling the electrical boot and down onto the water flange bellow.
It's not a genuine sender, just a GSF job. Can I use some sort of sealant to stop it weeping?
Cheers
-
no but you can buy a decent quality part that isnt broken out of the box ;)
go to VW dude, gsf sensors are often crappy. you have just prooved this to yourself :P
-
:grin:
Fair enough RJ, cheers.
-
Sorry to bump this back up but does anyone have access to what the part number is for an 8v pressure sender on the side of the head? I've found a couple in the tool box but if they are wrong then I'll be off to VW.
-
the one you want is brown or blue, should have 0.25, 0.4 or 0.3bar stamped on the spanner flats. the part number from VW for the blue one is 028 919 081H, brown one has been dropped
-
the one you want is brown or blue, should have 0.25, 0.4 or 0.3bar stamped on the spanner flats. the part number from VW for the blue one is 028 919 081H, brown one has been dropped
Cheers RJ, that number is the same as I found elsewhere online :cool:
Rang VW today who gave me a choice of 4. Annoyingly the ones I have in the toolbox are for the cooler and the one on the car isn't a genuine part so can't check the code. I guess it should have a bar rating stamped on it though.