GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: walchy01 on 30 March 2010, 15:01

Title: Standard back box replacement 16v
Post by: walchy01 on 30 March 2010, 15:01
Hi all

I am after a standard back box for the 16v 91 plate, anyone had any experiance or advice on where to get one.
Thanks
Title: Re: Standard back box replacement 16v
Post by: laurenceyon on 30 March 2010, 15:26
I bought mine from GSF, It was about £36 - it seems pretty cool, well I haven't had any problems anyway and its been on there nearly a year.
Title: Re: Standard back box replacement 16v
Post by: sprout99 on 30 March 2010, 15:32
i got mine at GSF about a month ago £55

very nice - two nice shiny chrome ends
Title: Re: Standard back box replacement 16v
Post by: walchy01 on 30 March 2010, 15:58
GSF, sounds good, does it sound as it should, ie don't want a load boy racer exhaust with the whole street looking at me as I go by:), the car is completely standard.

Thank you for the advice

Title: Re: Standard back box replacement 16v
Post by: laurenceyon on 30 March 2010, 16:54
The replacement part from GSF is completely standard.

I get called a chav all the time for driving a 20 year old Golf GTI and mines is almost completely standard! Everyone is as narrow minded as the next in todays world.

Cheers  :grin:
   
Title: Re: Standard back box replacement 16v
Post by: sprout99 on 30 March 2010, 19:25
it's got a nice burble when ticking over but other than that it's spot on

my car is completely std

(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/447692e2a7.jpg)
Title: Re: Standard back box replacement 16v
Post by: walchy01 on 30 March 2010, 19:43
That looks like what I'm after, thanks for that, looks good.
Title: Re: Standard back box replacement 16v
Post by: sprout99 on 30 March 2010, 20:02
the 8V and 16V back boxes are different apparently.

The 16V one from GSF has special chrome tail pipes and has a 2 year guarantee.

I was very happy with it for £55. Took about an hour to fit.