GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk2 => Topic started by: logeyboy on 16 March 2010, 15:55
-
Afternoon,
It looks like I need a new warm air hose for my '89, 8V, Digi.
Can you still buy these new?
If not, I'm sure any old hose should do, but I'd need to know the diameter?
-
Try GSF failing that try VW they should both be able to give you a diameter/dimensions if not the part you need. Failing that try a scrappy...
It needs to be a heat resistant hose as it comes from the exhaust manifold and passes over it, so in answer to your question no you can't use just any hose.
-
I ordered this a couple of years ago from VAG.
P/N 027 129 627E £26.35 + vat ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Different material, came too long and didn't like being bent around the corner to the manifold.
-
Need to make sure its the fabric type not metal, at least i know this is the case with with carb models.
-
Yep that's right it's like thick paper to the touch with a metal wire coiling through. Not sure how effective the warm air feed is...?
-
I'd seen this...
http://www.veedubmachine.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_20_77&products_id=611
but not sure on diameters
-
defo looks and sounds right, i would go and check for you but i am laying in a hospital bed
-
I'd seen this...
http://www.veedubmachine.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_20_77&products_id=611
but not sure on diameters
This is the stuff you need. Volkswagen still sell this but for cheap as its from the classic aircooled beetle heating system. VW used to use the same size ducting house on all of there cars. Why waste what they already had??
-
Richie has it spot on with part number and 'features' of the hose supplied - mine is perfoming fine though - should do for price!