GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk4 => Topic started by: Hulmie on 22 November 2009, 16:19

Title: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: Hulmie on 22 November 2009, 16:19
Not sure if its me seeing or dreaming things, but didnt Forge do a carbon fibre replacement for the small front engine cover, the bit that sits in front of the inlet manifold?
Title: Re: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: Rhyso on 22 November 2009, 16:30
there's nowt on their website  :undecided: :sad:

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?cat=260301&catalog=260301CARB&inc=product
Title: Re: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: topher on 22 November 2009, 16:33
Don't recall ever seeing those. I'll ask when we place an order next week.
Title: Re: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: Hulmie on 22 November 2009, 16:34
yeh ive scanned there website and couldnt find anything. Just sure they did one at some point as im sure i looked at them.
Title: Re: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: ABOO on 22 November 2009, 17:05
After complementing your Engine cover, you carbon fibre whore!!!!!!!
Title: Re: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: Hulmie on 22 November 2009, 17:07
got a carbon fibre engine cover on the way mate, so would go nice with it if they did one.
Title: Re: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: ABOO on 22 November 2009, 17:13
got a carbon fibre engine cover on the way mate, so would go nice with it if they did one.

I know mate,spotted you'd bought it in classifieds, was thinking about an early xmas pressie for myself :wink:
Title: Re: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: BaV on 22 November 2009, 17:19
Nuh they dont make one mate otherwise you would have bought that off of me aswel!

You can buy them off ebay though.  There prety hard to find on there though.
Title: Re: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: Hulmie on 22 November 2009, 17:39
may have to scout around then. cheers Bav
Title: Re: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: Hulmie on 22 November 2009, 17:45
Hit the jackpot

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Raid-HP-Carbon-Fibre-Inlet-Cover-VW-Golf-1-8T_W0QQitemZ220509055757QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item33575d2b0d

Looks like i may be treating meself to something else. :evil:
Title: Re: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: T_J_G on 22 November 2009, 17:48
you'll need this to:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-VW-GOLF-MK4-1-8T-CARBON-FIBRE-ENGINE-COVER_W0QQitemZ380120727813QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5880f60105
Title: Re: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: Hulmie on 22 November 2009, 17:50
Already got a forge carbon fibre engine cover coming, courtesy of Bav :smiley:
Title: Re: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: T_J_G on 22 November 2009, 17:51
ah yeah, I suppose you wouldn't see that. My bad. I was going to get or till I got
my rocker cover powdercoated
Title: Re: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: BaV on 22 November 2009, 18:04
I wanna get my rocker cover powdercoated very soon.

you fitted yours yet tim? How much it cost?
Title: Re: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: T_J_G on 22 November 2009, 18:06
Nothing, haven't fitted it yet. I has a spare cover when I replace mine...
Title: Re: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: BaV on 22 November 2009, 18:07
Nothing, haven't fitted it yet. I has a spare cover when I replace mine...

How comes it cost u nothin lol? how much would you want for the spare cover?
Title: Re: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: T_J_G on 22 November 2009, 18:14
PM'ed Rich :afro:
Title: Re: Carbon Fibre Cover?
Post by: BaV on 22 November 2009, 18:41
cheers dude