GolfGTIforum.co.uk

General => The garage => Topic started by: Mrpug on 29 October 2009, 01:33

Title: could someone answer this question????
Post by: Mrpug on 29 October 2009, 01:33
i'm getting ready to pull the engine and trasmission out of my A2 16v 1.8 5 spd trans. This is my question. Can the transmission be removed with the engine at the same time as one unit. i've asked this question before, but with no response. i've never pulled a engine out of a fwd. I don't understand howcome someone hasn't answered.  this is the third time, i've asked this same question three different ways.... my car has been parked in my drive for about six months after being towed to my home. I can't afford a mechanic anymore for services after getting ripped off from the same mechanic twice for a total of about close to 3 grand.and there's nothing I can do about it.  and I can't afford the tow fees any more So could someone help me out here? i'm getting abit desperate
Title: Re: could someone answer this question????
Post by: Paul86S2 on 29 October 2009, 11:23
Yes the engine will come out with the gearbox attached.

Paul
Title: Re: could someone answer this question????
Post by: Diamond Hell on 29 October 2009, 14:06
Just unbolt the driveshafts, exhaust, gear linkages, cables and other sundry tat and pull the engine and gearbox out as a complete unit.

It really is a pretty simple operation.

You're not American by any chance are you?
Title: Re: could someone answer this question????
Post by: Mrpug on 02 November 2009, 01:18
 You 2 guys, thank you so much for answering :grin: I can now proceed. Cheers