GolfGTIforum.co.uk
General => The garage => Topic started by: d4w50n on 25 October 2009, 21:37
-
I had a friend adjust the handbrake on my car, he's a brake specialist. To do it, he removed the exhaust heatshield, and didn't bother to replace it.
Since then my exhaust rattles a little (not loads but audibly noticeable) on idle and a little more when the car is under load.
I'm not too bothered about it, when the windows are up it's hardly noticeable.
But the MOT is due in a couple of months, will it fail if the exhaust rattles, and is there any problem in not having the heat shield on there?
-
rattle should be ok as long as exhaust is secure an not leaking, may fail on the heat shield for safety reasons.
-
you should be ok come MOT time mate :smiley:
-
I would try and refit the heat shield. :smiley:
-
Depends which heatshield.
If it was the one under the CAT then do not bother refitting!