GolfGTIforum.co.uk
General => The garage => Topic started by: paulharpur1978 on 03 September 2009, 16:56
-
Yup, new to the forums, seems to be alot of helpful info but could'nt find answer to my own GTI probs. Serviced my VW Golf Mk4 GTI a weeks ago, unfortunately while I was removing the oil filter, the bottom radiator hose (I didnt know this to today) moved, and the cooling fan has took a big slice out of it yesterday. Should I tackle this job myself? and where could I get the part? I normally try to get car parts on Ebay but they dont have any.
The other problem is the lights, the main beam bulbs keep blowing, their just standard Halfords H7, but at €11 a pop its getting expensive. Any advice? :angry:
-
clean the bulbs with meths before fitting them, better quality bulbs may also last longer
-
the rad hose should't be that expensive from the dealer :smiley: as for the bulb check with a multi meter what the voltage is going to the bulb holder?
-
Got a lower rad hose from the main stealer, €36. Shud there be clips/clamps to hold hose away from cooling fan? It is free to move at the moment.
Will try the volt meter idea.