GolfGTIforum.co.uk
General => The garage => Topic started by: Mr.Tom on 27 August 2009, 20:37
-
Just had a new clutch cable put into my Mk3 (at great expense :/ ))
Was fine for a while, but now the clutch pedal depresses itself when I accellerate. Pops back up after a while, but is a pain.
Clutch is still engaged, and the engine runs fine. Just a little worrying.
-
Something to do with the pedals, take it back to who ever fitted the cable.
-
Sounds like a cable problem.
-
It was. The self adjusting part was faulty. Seems it was constricting itself. All sorted now :)
-
It was. The self adjusting part was faulty. Seems it was constricting itself. All sorted now :)
No worries, have you removed the white clip all ok after fitting the cable.
-
The garage did it all for me, so not sure. Quite possible they didn't, hehe.
-
Auto adjusting clutch cables have always been a pain for me.
I prefer manualy adjusting ones as they give a better pedal feel.
-
Yeah. There is a dead space before the pedal does anything now. I'm thinking it was manual before.
-
Yeah. There is a dead space before the pedal does anything now. I'm thinking it was manual before.
You should always have a small amount of freeplay
-
AH, righto. Perhaps there wasn't any on the old cable because it was on the way out then :)
All sorted now, works fine and no problems so far. Thanks for the advice.