GolfGTIforum.co.uk

General => The garage => Topic started by: MrTurner on 25 August 2009, 19:48

Title: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: MrTurner on 25 August 2009, 19:48
OK, not quite a Golf, but nearly  :cool:

Leon is booked in for a re-map tomorrow.  Lets see how close to 225 we can get.  Then it'll be just like my old megane, only I'll own this one  :grin:
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: RTechUK on 25 August 2009, 21:22
It will be on the rolling road and tweaked to get the very best results. :cool:  Its about time we made our mark with the Seat boys and rock the boat a bit.. :grin:

Look forward to meeting you again tomorrow.

The post code is LE103BY UNIT 17

Nick
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: MrTurner on 25 August 2009, 21:53
I've already started the rocking..  :grin:  Pics of the graphs will go up, see how long until they are removed  :cool:

2 maps in a year, and defo won't be the last  :cool:
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: RTechUK on 25 August 2009, 23:19
Feck me!!  I get 6 stars on seatcupra.net forum.  I thought the max was 5 stars?  I must be really good to get all 6..pmls

Jammy is another happy muted Leon Cupra drived.. :rolleyes:


See you in the morning m8

Nick
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: jase16gti on 25 August 2009, 23:29
we're not aloud to post R-tech on the forum. it just comes up at ****** :lol: what you done to upset them?
btw nick im the bloke ben spoke to you about earlier, il be calling you for a chat tomorrow
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: RTechUK on 25 August 2009, 23:46
Lol..
In short
We tried to help a member out so he did not waste his money, he got his car remapped by another company which I used to help out. The members APP 180 Leon didnt make the quoted power, (even stock the car only made 160bhp the remap gave the quote gain of 20bhp but only to 180bhp not quote power of 195-197bhp)
On the forum under the user name of R=Tech I said and even proved there was underlaying faults with the car (which he still has to this day) I made the offer to help his, but  as the forum is bias toward paid sponsors, and the member was told he car was ok and the remap was crap and he should get a refund and buy a remap off one of the forum sponsors..lol  I took the bait and got banned.. :embarassed:  You only read what the mods want you to read.. its a bit like zimbabwe politics.

Drop me a line tomorrow I will have a chat with you and give you your options, and the offer of a test drive in one of many remapped 1.8T even an estate.  Our trial remap is the full remap on a 80% power code after the trial your own map will go back on to your ecu.

6 stars!!
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: topher on 25 August 2009, 23:52
thats it.. you're Johnny 6-stars from now on :grin:
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: RTechUK on 25 August 2009, 23:58
thats it.. you're Johnny 6-stars from now on :grin:

I am peep off with this forum now.... under my name you only give me 5 stars????  I know know where the love is now it starts with S and finishes with T and they give me 6 stars.


LOL
Catch u in the morning as well m8.. 

Nick
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: MrTurner on 26 August 2009, 06:42
Morning? I'm booked in for 3 :p will be aiming to be a bit early though..
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: ABOO on 26 August 2009, 09:21
Good luck Mr Turner :evil:

Has Leon got mods already, exhaust and de-cat? If not surely 210bhp is more realistic or am I wrong?? Think stage 2 would be neccesary to make Leon feel like Megane sport, they're quick as I'm sure you know better than most.. :wink:
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: MrTurner on 26 August 2009, 12:40
Boggo standard mate.  Quotes are around 212, but lets see what can be done.

Power to weight wise, the quoted torque and bhp will be very close to a Meg 225.  That put out 229bhp and 222 torques, but is a touch (about 60kg) heavier.  Acceleration should feel similar, which is all I'm going for.

To make it 'feel' like a Meg 225, I'd need a lot of investment in brakes and chassis, but I don't want to do that.  The Leon has the perfect balance between firm for hard driving and soft for cruising.  The Meg was just a touch too stiff for me, but brutally quick in the twisties!  I never had that mapped though.  At £500, I just didn't see it as a good investment when it was so quick out of the box.  Should be an interesting comparison, I'll let you know in a few hours  :cool:
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: ABOO on 26 August 2009, 13:04
Look forward to seeing how you've got on Mr T.

Enjoy :wink:
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: jase16gti on 26 August 2009, 16:52
howed it do mr turner??
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: RTechUK on 26 August 2009, 20:32
howed it do mr turner??



Stock the car made 183bhp/175lbft which is spot on power, remapped car and made 185bhp/190lbft..lol a huge 3 bhp gain.. :grin:   thanks for your £200 off go then Mr.Turner thanks for your custom and enjoy your extra 2bhp 15lbft from the remap.....next customer please...lol

As you all know it did not end like this.....................

Pre remap boost pancake pipe boost leak found and fixed.  foc
Stock Power runs makes near on exact power at the flywheel 183bhp/175lbft. (Good start you say?)
Car mapped with spec1 remap and re-dynod only to make 185bhp/190lbft..Mmmm?  Time to get hands dirty again.
PCV pipe under the inlet was found to have a major split which was soon temp fixed with a bit of copper pipe, plus a Forge 007p with Pipercross filter was fitted as part of trial and error testing..

After a few more power runs and tests we mangaed to get a really good result with a very smooth graph, and I still think there another PCV pipe with a small spilt somewhere which is tapping a small amout of air off somewhere.

I am sure MR T will post the results up from his spec1 remap.

Nick
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: topher on 26 August 2009, 20:34
he now also has the shiniest throttle body in all the land! :grin:
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: ABOO on 26 August 2009, 20:42
Come on Mr Turner where are you??
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: Rhyso on 26 August 2009, 20:48
Come on Mr Turner where are you??

either enjoying the power or on the back of a recovery truck  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: topher on 26 August 2009, 20:52
he only left an hour ago, probably hasn't got through the front door yet
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: RTechUK on 26 August 2009, 20:52
Come on Mr Turner where are you??

either enjoying the power or on the back of a recovery truck  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Trying to get traction me finks.. :rolleyes:

Nick
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: MrTurner on 26 August 2009, 20:58
lol - I only got in 20 mins ago, man got to eat!

 :cool: WOW as expected.  In this weather, with sh!t tyres, traction is shocking.  I want new wheels and tyres at some point in the future, so will just play with the wheelspin until then (sorry Nick - I was in full control, I love playing  :smiley: ).  The extra dollop of torque now suits me perfectly.  You needed to be more in the right gear at the right time before.  4th good for over 120  :lipsrsealed:

The thing that impressed me most was the service while there.  I even got a cup of tea.  As Nick says, the car as standard was bang on.  Fault finding included with the price is something that'll make me return again and again when cars are bought and sold, as well as recommending highly to all!  I've some graphs and pics to put up in a bit..

Bad news is I now need a 007p, some pipes and better brakes..

Thanks again to Nick, Ben and Chris.
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: ABOO on 26 August 2009, 20:59
Come on Mr Turner where are you??

either enjoying the power or on the back of a recovery truck  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I went through a phase not long after remap of driving really slowly. It was like I knew I had a bit of go, and if I needed it it was there :wink:
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: ABOO on 26 August 2009, 21:01
Eating's for wimps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We want graphs!!!!!!!
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: RTechUK on 26 August 2009, 21:08
Eating's for wimps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We want graphs!!!!!!!


PMSL
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: MrTurner on 26 August 2009, 21:11
Alright, alright - uploading now  :smiley:
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: MrTurner on 26 August 2009, 21:16
Before:
(http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k298/leighturner/mrt_stockmap1.jpg)
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: topher on 26 August 2009, 21:18
lol.. tease :grin:
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: MrTurner on 26 August 2009, 21:22
3mb uploads  :grin:

(http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k298/leighturner/mtr_rtech_auq_spec1.jpg)

I just posted the after on seatcupra too, it was ****** because R-Tech is in the title!
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: MrTurner on 26 August 2009, 21:24
Just had a PM -

*Thread deleted - reason - previous legal threats towards SCN

The fun begins  :cool: :grin:
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: RTechUK on 26 August 2009, 21:40
Just had a PM -

*Thread deleted - reason - previous legal threats towards SCN

The fun begins  :cool: :grin:

Just got a PM from an old seat cupra member / partners and told me about the fun and games that go behind closed doors on and the currrent owner money issues....  I am not worried about it.   It is a very bias forum IMO you mention a tuner or company who dont line the pockets and they get banned or get a bad name.   

The reason said I would take legal action is because there was false comments on there from the mod mork, and I could not follow them up.  You guys know the truth on how I work and know how  I am always willing to help, then you get a greedy person trying to keep paid sponsors happy trying to give R-Tech a bad name.

I am sure seatcupra.net has the most banned members and deleted post on the whole tinternet..lol  And bad feedback regarding sponsors gets deleted or swept under the carpet.   Its not members forum IMO its a commercial forum with the intrests of the site owners and sponsors at the top of the list.   Even there own members say the same thing... :sick:
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: MrTurner on 26 August 2009, 21:51
I've sent 2 pm's asking for an explanation now.  I shall keep on getting close without getting banned..
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: RTechUK on 26 August 2009, 21:58
Hello M8

Dont worry about it m8, dont get banned over it there are already more band than Rhyso post count..lol

Word will spread and if the Seat owners want to find us I am sure they will be welcome here.

Nick

Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: jase16gti on 26 August 2009, 23:48
good results, look forward to meeting you guys on friday!
although my F**kin engine management light came on today. back to mids vw asap me thinks
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: ABOO on 27 August 2009, 08:02
Happy then Mr Turner I presume :wink:
I like the posting of the before graph you big tease!!!

What's next then sort split pipes and 007p? Anything else?
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: Ben on 27 August 2009, 09:29
good results, look forward to meeting you guys on friday!
although my F**kin engine management light came on today. back to mids vw asap me thinks


Hello m8,

If you can stuck you can still pop over for a full diagnostics check up and point you in the right direction to getting your lights off, or even sort the issues out for you.

Nick
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: MrTurner on 27 August 2009, 11:59
Wow, I think u even sorted my cold start prob!
Aboo, not much else planned mate, just maintain it in tip top condition. Mods when things wear out like milltek.
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: jase16gti on 27 August 2009, 16:49
good results, look forward to meeting you guys on friday!
although my F**kin engine management light came on today. back to mids vw asap me thinks


Hello m8,

If you can stuck you can still pop over for a full diagnostics check up and point you in the right direction to getting your lights off, or even sort the issues out for you.

Nick
yeh im still comin, be be there asap after i finish work at 2
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: MrTurner on 27 August 2009, 20:50
My diverter valve started making dumping noises today.  Not in a loud chav way though  :cool:
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: topher on 27 August 2009, 20:56
would that be the old "pigeon sneezing" noise?
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: DarkGti on 27 August 2009, 21:24
as jeremy clarkson would say 'squirrel mincer'! lol!
Title: Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
Post by: venner on 04 September 2009, 18:01
Hello M8

Dont worry about it m8, dont get banned over it there are already more band than Rhyso post count..lol

Word will spread and if the Seat owners want to find us I am sure they will be welcome here.

Nick



Word has spread and ive just joined this site so i can get some info on a R-tec remap for my Ibiza Cupra.