GolfGTIforum.co.uk
General => The garage => Topic started by: nichols on 22 August 2009, 22:40
-
Hiya,
i just got myself a mk4 gti thats had a light prang. Pretty straight forward repair just needs wing, door, and a bit of work on the sill.
The problem i've got is it seemed to have knocked the tracking out quite bad on the side of the prang. The pic below is when the steering wheel is straight. I've had a good look underneath ect and nothing is bent or damaged, so am i right in thinking i can just get the tracking adjusted and all is good?
Im abit confused when it come to tracking! i measured the distance from the steering rack gaitor to the track rod end and its the same distance on both sides. I just wanted to ask if adjusting one side that much would upset the steering/handing?
thanks. :smiley:
(http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff7/nichols000/S8303170.jpg)
-
I would say something is bent, tracking will not pull it back in that far.
-
yeah i must of missed something. i'll get the wheel off today and have another look.....
-
I would say something is bent, tracking will not pull it back in that far.
+1 bent track rod or damaged steering rack.
-
wishbones normaly go first, but track rod also highly likely