GolfGTIforum.co.uk
General => The garage => Topic started by: Mr.Tom on 21 August 2009, 21:54
-
It also sometimes happens when I ease off the gass, so I guess mostly when the revs drop then :D
Sounds like something rubbing, and slowing down. It seems to be coming from the engine bay, on the drivers side, near the fire wall. possibly at a large round item that I don't know the name of near the top of the bay :D
Car is a Mk3 2.0 GTi. P reg. All is working well other than that it seems.
Any ideas, or is it a feature that I will have to get used to?
Cheers.
-
Possibly the clutch release bearing?
-
Possibly the clutch release bearing?
+1 im thinking that too.
Dan
-
The clutch was replaced beginning of last year. But it sounds like it is coming from near the top of the engine bay. In front of the steering wheel area.
Clutch cable has just been replaced as well, if that would make any difference (sound was present before and after replacement)
-
Could be your alternatnor maybe.