GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk4 => Topic started by: CLundy on 21 August 2009, 13:05
-
Hi all, I have just purchased an 01 Golf, on picking up the car I recalled an episode of watchdog about the security problems of this and the the similar Audis.
So I went to speak to our tamed on site car thieves, who informed me just how easy it was to gain access to these cars without causing any damage. They also said that VW did a fix to cure the problem.
I phoned VW after checking that my car has not already had the fix, only for them to inform me that I would have to pay for them to carry out the work (In fact pay for them to correct their defective product, thanks VW)
Any way I was looking through this site and saw no mention of what is a serious security porblem, really it is equevalent of not locking your car!
Does anybody have any links that show how to fix this issue, surely a topic like this would warrent being sticky.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
-
Welcome,
De lock your car.
-
Message removed as we don't wish to encourage a spate of break ins!!
Any problems please contact the moderators - cheers :smiley:
-
Right as my internet is working for 2 seconds...........
It isn't a sticky subject purely because it isn't best practise to describe to other people how to break into the MKIV
Yes the information is out there on the big wide web but there's no need to advertise it here :smiley:
As Adam says - delock your car and it will eliminate the problem
Anyhoo - enough of that - welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay here :smiley:
-
Welcome to the site.