GolfGTIforum.co.uk
General => The garage => Topic started by: JamesF_30 on 19 August 2009, 21:44
-
Hi all, new to this forum, lot of usefull stuff Thanks.
I am the proud owner of an 02 Golf 1.8 T with an AUM engine.
Don't know a great deal about upgrades so just after a bit of advice really. I'm thinking of a Forge Diverter valve, maybe a filter and a remap, I kind of like the quietness of the car and not really after massive induction roar and loud exhaust. If I could get over 200bhp I'd be happy.
I must say I am very tempted by a Milltech exhaust, is a sports cat really worth the money? Any idea what kind of Bhp gains are to be made?
Also, I have a few minor running probs that I need help with. Starting from cold, she's pretty jumpy to drive, sometimes with a clear missfire on tickover, and hesitation on pulling away, runs fine under load though, and sometimes tickover drops right down when pulling up to a stop. Nothing major but just wondered If anyone had any ideas as to what could be wrong.
Do these cars have some sort of "limp" mode? Was driving home from work today and she seemed pretty sluggish, also, with the window down I could not hear the sound of the turbo spinning up. So I though I might turn ignition off and then back on whilst going along, and hey presto she was back to normal!
Any help here would be greatly appreciated, Cheers in advance.
-
i belive they do have a limp mode mate.
and it sounds like you could do with reading some codes on it using a vagcom, could either be fault maf or coil packs with ur hesitation issue