GolfGTIforum.co.uk
General => The garage => Topic started by: Horney on 16 August 2009, 10:55
-
Can anyone tell me/show me which one it is? As the car is stripped out there is no fuse box cover to tell me and I have no MKII Golf Haynes manual. Need to know PDQ to see if I can get one from the Auto Factors today.
Cheers,
Nick
-
im pretty sure its the top left one
-
Cheers bud. Bloomin thing!
Been reading through posts about non starting K-Jet 8vs and it seems many don't prime before strating for some reason. I have to say I've never noticed mine priming before and I deffo hear it on the Rado every time.
Nick
-
mine never used to prime, then i changed the relay with one from a scappy. it now randomly primes :grin: but makes no difference that i can tell to the starting :huh:
did you try a fresh battery in it?
-
The far left slot is empty!
Fitted the new battery and it fired up straight away. Ran for 40 secs ish then died and now won't start again. F*cking thing.
Nick
-
The furthest left top relay is branded Siemens so I guess this is the ful pump one. One terminal is well corroded and it looks like it's got a bit wet over time so I suspect this is the issue. CAF can't get one, you haven't got a spare I can borrow and see if that cures it? I'm pretty much out of money now till payday so can't afford to throw any more money at it. Between me and Lizzie we've spent nearly £1K on our cars this month!!!!
Nick
-
ill have a look but dont think i do. is there a number on the front?
try a bit of sandpaper on the corrosion, and thin screwdriver to clean out the fusebox connections
-
I think the relay has got corroded inside, I cleaned up the pins but it made no difference. Could be a pump issue though. Which linbe into the metering head is the fuel in? I released the one on the front and fuel came out but the one on the side was dry even when turning it over.
Nick
-
cant remember which ones which, but it sounds like the one on the front is in
i have found a load of relays, what number do you need?
-
Well it looks like it's a dodgy connect at the pump under the car. Had a good fiddle and after wiggling this a few times it's now all good and starting and running like a dream. When I bleed that rear caliper I'll pull of the connections and check it all and clean it up.
Nick
-
ah good news!
-
Yeah hopefully. When it fired up and started running right I just wanted to go for hoon :-(
Nick
-
fule pump relay is in slot 2, k-jet 8v relay (it is an 8v right?) is special so you cant nick them out of a digi injection MK2 or MK3. it takes a rev counter feed see! gsf sell em for reasonable moneys. be aware some have rev limiter built in, this is the one that doesn't:
93592 - £23.20