GolfGTIforum.co.uk

General => The garage => Topic started by: Jay on 14 August 2009, 21:44

Title: Rocker Cover gasket changing
Post by: Jay on 14 August 2009, 21:44
This will be the first time I'm opening the engine up and I'm worried I'll screw something up, and if I do I'm in the sh!t because it's my daily.

Am I just being a pussy/worry wart or is it really that simple to change a rocker cover gasket on the GTD's?  :undecided:

I don't need any gasket sealant do I?
Will I only need the gasket and nawt else?
Title: Re: Rocker Cover gasket changing
Post by: gtigolfthree on 14 August 2009, 22:19
As long as you dont damage the gasket should be ok. Why you changing it you got a leak?
Title: Re: Rocker Cover gasket changing
Post by: Wayne on 15 August 2009, 00:15
Easy to do.
Title: Re: Rocker Cover gasket changing
Post by: Jay on 15 August 2009, 11:13
Yarp, oil coming out of the top of the head between the rocker cover and head. It's more of a seep and I don't loose *that* much oil considering it's also a diesel.

If this delivery ever comes I'll be heading to GSF and picking up a few gaskets, just to be safe.
Title: Re: Rocker Cover gasket changing
Post by: sharki786 on 15 August 2009, 15:57
just make sure you put it on properly.