GolfGTIforum.co.uk
General => The garage => Topic started by: gtigolfthree on 13 August 2009, 18:53
-
Bought a supposedly 272 fast road cam off ebay for my 8v gti, the guy just put a bin bag round it and posted it here is what I got, also ive put an arrow at a bearing that looks like it aint been ground as it is not white like the others and looks larger.
(http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz15/ianw333/SP_A0193.jpg)
-
hydralic tappet engines only have 4 cam shaft bearings as opposed to 5 on the solid tappet engines, so the cam just dosent get ground where bearing number 4 would be.
well that cams not a lot of use now anyway, may be useable as a beating stick possobly or chould possobly fit the short bit to a lawnmower
-
Wtttttf!! Even with a bin bag around it how dud that happen!!
-
Who knows theres also a crack in the end cap presumably from parcelforce bunging it in there van or whatever. I would defenately have put some bubble wrap on it and then in a box.
-
cams are made from very hard steel, hence thee brittel not unknown for them to snap if droped ether catch it in the right place and it dosent need much at all
-
Nice packaging
-
NO WAY!
I remember when I was a kid, my dad was working on his capri. He dropped the crank pully, or a pully of some sort and it just shattered like glass!!