GolfGTIforum.co.uk

General => The garage => Topic started by: stu 88 on 10 August 2009, 22:12

Title: Need To Go Lower!!
Post by: stu 88 on 10 August 2009, 22:12
How can I get my Mk3 lower??  Its on coilovers with 205/40/17's with a offset of ET35 but at the hight it is at the moment it scuffs onthe front arch if I hit a bump, I want to keep the plastic arches but want to go lower!!!  Any idea's???  (the rear is lower now)

(http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6673/pic0187z.th.jpg) (http://img5.imageshack.us/i/pic0187z.jpg/)
(http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5203/pic0200.th.jpg) (http://img22.imageshack.us/i/pic0200.jpg/)
(http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7835/pic0205u.th.jpg) (http://img22.imageshack.us/i/pic0205u.jpg/)
(http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9315/pic0197l.th.jpg) (http://img6.imageshack.us/i/pic0197l.jpg/)

I want to get this low (I know its a mk2! but I love the stance)

(http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9647/thislow.th.jpg) (http://img6.imageshack.us/i/thislow.jpg/)

Or

(http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5281/lown.th.jpg) (http://img25.imageshack.us/i/lown.jpg/)
Title: Re: Need To Go Lower!!
Post by: Wayne on 11 August 2009, 08:43
You will struggle to go lower with 17"s as they are taller.
Title: Re: Need To Go Lower!!
Post by: DOA on 11 August 2009, 13:02
You could try doing what they do on the G60's and cut a section out of the metal arch and releive the plastic lip in the same area.