GolfGTIforum.co.uk
General => The garage => Topic started by: Benrevs on 09 August 2009, 19:33
-
Trying to get a few ideas on what could be up with my obd1. I was out for a drive today and all was normal for a good hour and then all of a sudden the car started running like crap. It doesnt pull as it should and really struggles at the top of the rev range... it wouldnt even go past 4000rpm at one point. When standing it seems to rev fine. Just a thought but would the exhaust currently rattling on the rear beam play games with the knock sensors??(broke a hangar yesterday). Put the car in first with the handbrake on and dragged the back wheels along so the clutch seems ok. Any thoughts would be awesome. Ben
-
If it's doing it under load it could be either coil pack, or ignition amplifier.
-
I did think about this, although I bought a new one last month. The annoying thing is, it doesnt do it all the time. I can be sat in fifth then all of a sudden feel it hold back.. feels like a fuel issue.