GolfGTIforum.co.uk
General => The garage => Topic started by: Jay on 03 August 2009, 21:40
-
for my MK2, I had a quick look through the manual and most settings are nuder 100nm, I've spotted a torque wrench that does 10nm - 80nm
Would this do for most odd jobs? (IE Cylinder Head valve cover nuts tightening after replacing the gasket).
-
Yes that would do most jobs.
I have 2 torque wrenches, one does up to 80lb ft, the other does up to 150lb ft.
-
Cool, just clicked "Purchase", I'll get higher rating one when I find a job that needs it.
-
Keep us posted if it is a good product.
Would be interesting to know where you sourced it and if you're happy with it. :cool:
-
ebay £22 inc delivery :grin:
It's a Draper tool, I have other Draper tools and they're perfectly fine and do the job. Let's hope this also doesn't let me down :smiley:
-
I have 2 draper ones and they have been fine.
-
halfords small one, up to 60nm (good piece of kit)
draper from machine mart for the head bolts. only time iv used it!
i know halfords itself is gash. but the kit they do is superb. got the 150pc and give it some real abuse. not broken a thing!
-
Someone was telling me you should wind them right up so that they are kept tensioned when storing to keep them accurate, is this true?
-
instructions:
...
3. When torque wrench is not in use, ensure adjustment at the lowest torque setting.
4. Do not turn adjustment below lowest torque setting. (not sure if this is for operational use or not)
...
But on the wrench itself it says:
"Always adjust wrennch to zero after use"
-
instructions:
...
3. When torque wrench is not in use, ensure adjustment at the lowest torque setting.
4. Do not turn adjustment below lowest torque setting. (not sure if this is for operational use or not)
...
But on the wrench itself it says:
"Always adjust wrennch to zero after use"
Never use wrench for undoing always unload the mechanism unless you have one designed to do so.
Draper and halfords stuff is ok for DIY but super Ghey in the real world.
I use Stahlwille or Snap on but work pays for my tools :wink:
My torque wrenches are Manoskops and are calibrated when i can be bothered
http://www.stahlwille.com/
-
I just got a Draper 20-150NM from Maccess a few years back - its done me well for ages now, no more sheared bolts - well, less sheared bolts
As above,
Don't drop it ever
Store on 0 - never tensioned
Don't use it as a breaker bar