GolfGTIforum.co.uk

General => The garage => Topic started by: sarahs_gti on 21 July 2009, 14:08

Title: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: sarahs_gti on 21 July 2009, 14:08
Our golf has 125k miles on an AGU 1.8T, has massive service history, no noises, smoke or any bad signs from the car at all, however it is a bit mild on performance shall we say.

I've been considering getting it remapped and putting a blueflame exhaust on (only cat back) but due to the mileage I'm a bit worried that something might go pop?

Is it wise to remap a car with this mileage on it?

Also for those on here who remap cars, I've got a BMW 530d Sport Auto(193bhp) with 104k on the clock that I'm thinking of remapping, would it be wise to map this with over 100k on it.....
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: Rhyso on 21 July 2009, 14:11
don't see why not as long as the engine is in good condition and regularly serviced  :smiley:
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: sarahs_gti on 21 July 2009, 14:15
Both cars have full service history before we bought them, and now use fully synthetic oil and are serviced at most every 8k miles.
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: Rhyso on 21 July 2009, 14:25
Both cars have full service history before we bought them, and now use fully synthetic oil and are serviced at most every 8k miles.

should be good to go then!
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: sarahs_gti on 21 July 2009, 14:28
Sweet, do you have any idea on what power I could get realistically, I know its only the 150bhp standard but 125k miles are bound to lower the power slightly.... its got a Neuspeed induction kit and a Forge Splitter valve at the mo, other than that it is standard on the engine side.
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: Rhyso on 21 July 2009, 14:37
should see approx 185bhp - 190bhp  :smiley:
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: sarahs_gti on 21 July 2009, 14:44
Really, bloody hell would have thought a bit less than that!!! Sounds pretty good to me!!! I'm in Nottingham so pretty central, is it R-Tech that are supposed to be pretty good at remaps, heard a lot of good things about them. Any rough idea what they charge? Being the AGU its the cable throttle engine..
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: Rhyso on 21 July 2009, 14:47
Really, bloody hell would have thought a bit less than that!!! Sounds pretty good to me!!! I'm in Nottingham so pretty central, is it R-Tech that are supposed to be pretty good at remaps, heard a lot of good things about them. Any rough idea what they charge? Being the AGU its the cable throttle engine..

Bobbarley's AGU ran 189bhp and he has a Pipercross Filter and Forge 007p - nothing else

think R-Tech charge £150 for the AGU if you go to them. Best thing to do is is give them a ring  :smiley:
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: sarahs_gti on 21 July 2009, 14:49
Brilliant mate, I will do, thanks for the help, much appreciated!!!! :cool:
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: Rhyso on 21 July 2009, 14:50
Brilliant mate, I will do, thanks for the help, much appreciated!!!! :cool:

no worries - R-Tech will be able to map the BMW too so ask nicely and he may do a deal on both cars  :wink:
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: sarahs_gti on 21 July 2009, 14:52
Just had a quick look at the website, 231bhp and 471NM for my 530d, not bad at all, I'll do that, cheers!!!!
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: Ivor Mk4 Turbo on 21 July 2009, 21:03
Just had a quick look at the website, 231bhp and 471NM for my 530d, not bad at all, I'll do that, cheers!!!!


Just go easy on the clutch, with that. ;)
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: sarahs_gti on 21 July 2009, 21:34
Just had a quick look at the website, 231bhp and 471NM for my 530d, not bad at all, I'll do that, cheers!!!!


Just go easy on the clutch, with that. ;)

Lol its an auto, so it should be fine with that, I say SHOULD, bloody hope so!
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: RTechUK on 21 July 2009, 22:11
Just had a quick look at the website, 231bhp and 471NM for my 530d, not bad at all, I'll do that, cheers!!!!


Just go easy on the clutch, with that. ;)

Rodney!!!!
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: RTechUK on 21 July 2009, 22:23
Hello,

IMO 125k will be fine for remapping, as long the engine have been checked out 100% prior to the remap.  The problems to look for on a 1.8T 20v with 100k+ are, split cracked vac lines, non scaling fpr, boost pipes IC leaks, breather pipes.

We will carry out a fully health check and diagnostics which will be includes in the price, If we are not 100% happy with your engine we wont map it, we will try our best to fix any problem on the day, ie a split vac pipe would be replaced for free on the day if it is going to make the car safe for remapping.

Same with the 530D, these make some really good power and pull like trains after the remap, the only issue with the BMW would be the lower IC pipes popping off but like the golf we will check them out before the remap.

What year is you 530D?

Nick
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: Ivor Mk4 Turbo on 22 July 2009, 20:18
Just had a quick look at the website, 231bhp and 471NM for my 530d, not bad at all, I'll do that, cheers!!!!


Just go easy on the clutch, with that. ;)

Lol its an auto, so it should be fine with that, I say SHOULD, bloody hope so!


(http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e345/ivormk4/Smileys/dohsmiley.gif)
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: Ivor Mk4 Turbo on 22 July 2009, 20:19
Just had a quick look at the website, 231bhp and 471NM for my 530d, not bad at all, I'll do that, cheers!!!!


Just go easy on the clutch, with that. ;)

Rodney!!!!


:embarassed:  :D
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: MrTurner on 20 August 2009, 21:20
FYI, R-tech mapped a 1.8T for me.  Had some history, but not comprehensive.  It had done 172k and is now on 180k  :smiley:
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: ABOO on 20 August 2009, 21:27
Ah Mr Turner :smiley:

Was thinking the other day that I'd not seen you around these parts for a while....

Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: MrTurner on 21 August 2009, 06:56
lol - the golf is still around, just with the missus as we split up, so had a bit more on than forums  :grin:

Got myselt a leon cupra 180bhp now  :cool:
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: Ben on 21 August 2009, 15:32
lol - the golf is still around, just with the missus as we split up, so had a bit more on than forums  :grin:

Got myselt a leon cupra 180bhp now  :cool:

I thought I saw you on seatcupra.net.. :embarassed:

Nick is banned from there...lol :wink:

When is your Cupra comming this way then?

Ben
Title: Re: 125k 1.8T AGU GTi Remap - Is it wise???
Post by: MrTurner on 21 August 2009, 19:27
lol - check your pm's  :cool:

What's going on with seatcupra.net?  I put R-tech on once - and ur name is censored?  Been upsetting people  :grin: