GolfGTIforum.co.uk

General => The garage => Topic started by: ajgti 16v on 11 June 2009, 01:28

Title: mk3 8v ebay chips
Post by: ajgti 16v on 11 June 2009, 01:28
Hi just a quick question I noticed on ebay the chip for the mk3 they were been sold for a very good price so i am thinking of gettin 1 ,I also realise that I will be luck to get 5-6 bhp from the chip but would it be worth buying any suggestions would be great
Title: Re: mk3 8v ebay chips
Post by: tonyb02 on 18 August 2009, 02:54
I wouldnt bother its best to go see a garage see if they can do it first, Ive seen what damage the cheap ebay things can do.

ant
Title: Re: mk3 8v ebay chips
Post by: th3_f15t on 18 August 2009, 12:12
I'd say the same. There's normally a reason these things are cheap. When it comes to things like the ECU, best pay the price and get a proper job done.