GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: ace on 16 May 2009, 14:44
-
basically, my bro-in-law has a dead 16v and has been given a vr6 engine, is it a straight swap???
can u use a 16v gearbox with a VR6 engine???
also would we need a new ecu as well???
-
yh new ECU and they are the same gearboxes
-
thats good news :grin:
always thought they were different gearboxes
-
I would check this if i was you. I'm fairly certain they are different.
Paul
-
I think the boxes will be different, but 16v and VR6 both use a hydrolic clutch so there shouldnt be to much of a fitting problem. Might have to use use the 16v fly wheel though?
Not sure but wouldnt think it would be that hard a fit.
-
think i heard RJ say something about 16v and vr6 having different bell housing or something.
-
think i heard RJ say something about 16v and vr6 having different bell housing or something.
yeah just been on vr6oc they say the same thing, but its not a major issue to change it from what i gather.
-
im sure its the same 02a box in both
-
Different bellhousing I believe.
-
yes bellhousing is completly different, the internals are the same except for gear ratios though. the existing hydro clutch/cable shift bits will swap over