GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: mk3valver on 15 May 2009, 20:33

Title: Does anyone have a spare one of these?
Post by: mk3valver on 15 May 2009, 20:33
Hi, I've tried a couple of place's now and ebay and can't find one of these for my alarm sensor

(http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu22/matc81/Brokenbits001.jpg)

(http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu22/matc81/Brokenbits002.jpg)

And also, I bought some boot lifters to the the bonnet lifter mod but they have no bolt's/attatchment's and normal bolt's wont fit is there any other way I can fit them?

Thank's, Matt
Title: Re: Does anyone have a spare one of these?
Post by: shepgti on 15 May 2009, 21:04
mate just super glue that sensor back in place.. :undecided:
Title: Re: Does anyone have a spare one of these?
Post by: mk3valver on 15 May 2009, 21:08
That's the last port of call mate!    :sad:
Title: Re: Does anyone have a spare one of these?
Post by: Dannys Mk3 Project on 16 May 2009, 01:12
I have some in my car from an old alarm that wasn't working when I bought it.... Tell me how to take 'em out and they are both yours.


Hold that, thought you wanted the actaul sensor... Can't remember if mine has brackets or not mate.... I'll check in the morning and let you know.

But if they do they are yours.



Title: Re: Does anyone have a spare one of these?
Post by: mk3valver on 16 May 2009, 11:04
Cheer's dan mate, pm me with how much you want inc p+p, Matt
Title: Re: Does anyone have a spare one of these?
Post by: Dec on 16 May 2009, 11:11
Did mk3's come standard with an alarm?
Title: Re: Does anyone have a spare one of these?
Post by: ace on 16 May 2009, 11:50
if its an aftermarket alarm, im sure u should be able to get them from your local alarm fitters. this happened on my previous car, think they charged my about £5.
Title: Re: Does anyone have a spare one of these?
Post by: mk3valver on 16 May 2009, 16:56
Not sure wether they came with factory fitted alarm's as standard may have been an option? This one is aftermarket and I've tried 2 local sound audio and alarm places and they cant help me!
Title: Re: Does anyone have a spare one of these?
Post by: Dannys Mk3 Project on 16 May 2009, 17:17
Hi mate, sorry mine have a piece of plastic that fits inbetween the trims....


I am heading to the local sextons tomorrow though, so, I'll have a word with the guy in there for you....

I'm sure they will sort something out.

Title: Re: Does anyone have a spare one of these?
Post by: mk3valver on 16 May 2009, 17:27
Thank's very much mate