GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: christomk3gti on 14 May 2009, 20:19

Title: Mods on a 8v gti
Post by: christomk3gti on 14 May 2009, 20:19
Any idea of what kind of mods i could do with my p reg golf gti 8v.  in respect to power/speed..... and what is the best backbox to buy, I'm after a oval shape one that bends up at the end with a nice raspery noise :) I have used magnex in the past and arnt that keen on them...... hopefully the mods are cheap :P
Title: Re: Mods on a 8v gti
Post by: shepgti on 14 May 2009, 20:34
first mod is a real simple one which will give you a 35bhp gain.. buy a 16v  failing that just fit a panel filter and exhaust. exhausts discussed here http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=116189.0
Title: Re: Mods on a 8v gti
Post by: funkyfive on 14 May 2009, 20:36
I got a Jetex backbox on order mate. Heard they are meant to have a nice sound. Will let you know!