GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: avengedslayer on 14 May 2009, 15:54
-
yup i keep getting horrible burning smells when im waiting at traffic lights or just generally sitting somewhere in ar with engine running! any ideas??
-
Oil leaking on something hot. Mine did that and it was leaking from the top of the filter housing.
nick
-
cheers hopefully i will get time this weekend to give it a good looking over! although there are no traces of oil leak :smiley:
-
If it's really repulsive may be your clutch?
-
my 1.8 leaks oil from the rocker cover gasket, it sits on the intake manifold untill it builds up and runs on the exhaust manifold, then fills the engine bay with smoke, i would check for leaking oil!
-
It is also worth checking your breather hoses.
-
yea they keep getting clogged up actually and I noticed my rocker box grommet has split! :angry:
-
I had a smell in the cabin on mine, was not a burning smell as such but was horrid, checked and found a breather pipe split.
-
that might be it! would new hoses be a good idea then? would I have to go to the vw dealers to get new ones? :smiley:
-
that might be it! would new hoses be a good idea then? would I have to go to the vw dealers to get new ones? :smiley:
Have a good look over and see if any are split, yes you can get them if needed from VW.