GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Richard Andrews on 14 May 2009, 14:51

Title: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
Post by: Richard Andrews on 14 May 2009, 14:51
Woke up this morning and noticed the car has been sick? See picture. These 3 pipes run underneath the car under the drivers side. I pulled out the black sponge and a cup full of fluid gushed out. The pipes go into a void that i cannot seem to get to and don't want to pull out the seat and lift the carpet if thats not where they go!

WTF?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6901431&l=c78c8f4901&id=626345034

Title: Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
Post by: Horney on 14 May 2009, 14:52
No pic!

Nick
Title: Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
Post by: Richard Andrews on 14 May 2009, 14:53
Oh dear, I think Iam sick now! How do I attach a pic?
Title: Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
Post by: Horney on 14 May 2009, 14:59
you need to use IMG tags either end.

Nick
Title: Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
Post by: Wayne on 14 May 2009, 15:09
I believe that will be fuel or brake fluid.
Title: Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
Post by: Richard Andrews on 14 May 2009, 15:10
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6901431&l=c78c8f4901&id=626345034
Title: Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
Post by: Horney on 14 May 2009, 15:30
No idea from that pic I'm afraid. What's the fluid like? Think or thin? I guess you know what petrol smells like so it's probably not that. My guess would be PAS fluid.

Nick
Title: Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
Post by: Richard Andrews on 14 May 2009, 15:37
Do you know what each pipe carries? The fluid was dry on the driveway so I have no idea what it was or which of the 3 pipes it has leaked from. Just think it is a strange place for it to leak and I cannot figure out how I trace the pipes forward as they go through that tunnel!
Title: Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
Post by: Wayne on 14 May 2009, 15:40
I believe fuel return is the blue one.
Title: Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
Post by: axewielder on 14 May 2009, 15:50
sounds like fuel send+ return+ possibly the vapour vent but i thought that was smaller dia
Title: Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
Post by: Richard Andrews on 14 May 2009, 15:56
I think it was just dirty water that spilled out when I jacked up the car slightly cause car half full and running fine.
Title: Re: My VR6 has been sick on the drive!
Post by: axewielder on 14 May 2009, 16:25
yeh was gunna say might just be sheet trapped in the rail, oh well sounds good