GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: uta_flyinghigh on 30 April 2009, 09:21

Title: When shall (...) I start enjoying my MK III rhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !
Post by: uta_flyinghigh on 30 April 2009, 09:21
So since I've owned it I've had to change :

- Rear wheel bearing
- Front wheel bearing
- Tires
- Oil and filter change
- Sparkplugs
- Wiper blades
- Air filter

And to make it look nice :
- GTI tails
- Sebring rims

And let's not forget sandpaper, rustproofing sealant and spray can paint !

Now I have to spend more money to lower it and stick a decent exhaust ! When will (me) it end rhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

*rant over*

UTA
Title: Re: When shall (...) I start enjoying my MK III rhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !
Post by: VR6-Joe on 30 April 2009, 09:27
But to be honest mate, the wheel bearings and tyres are wear and tear, happens to every car, the rest on the first list is basic servicing stuff. And the last list, well everybody who modifies their car has to pay money out. I bought a 1.4 Golf for 500 quid and spent the best part of 1500 quid modifying it.

It may seem like you're throwing money away, but think how many times it's broken down, think about its reliability.

Then compare it to a French car. Do you find yourself sitting at the side of the road waiting for the AA at least once per day? :grin:

Didn't think so...

So in the long run you can't really complain :wink:
Title: Re: When shall (...) I start enjoying my MK III rhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !
Post by: Guy on 30 April 2009, 09:35
as above... most of them are wear and tear or servicing

you would have to spend that out on any car
Title: Re: When shall (...) I start enjoying my MK III rhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !
Post by: Wayne on 30 April 2009, 09:57
To be honest as above all those items are wear and tear items and would need changing on most cars.
Title: Re: When shall (...) I start enjoying my MK III rhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !
Post by: Mikester on 30 April 2009, 14:53
half of them you change just for the sake of it, wheel bearings are cheaper than macdonalds. lol