GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: tobybrennan on 28 April 2009, 12:27

Title: again... does anyone know?
Post by: tobybrennan on 28 April 2009, 12:27
sorry for this again

but i cant find the 0-60 and top speed
of a mk3 GL (not cl) golf

anyone know the answers?
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: VR6-Joe on 28 April 2009, 12:38
0-60: about 2 hours
Top speed: 65mph (downhill with the wind behind)

Seriously, my dad had one and it was gutless. A 1.2 Corsa was faster.

 :grin:
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: tobybrennan on 28 April 2009, 12:41
oh really?

well the CL is 0-60 12ish and top speed 104
thats got 75bhp

the GL has 100bhp so im hoping its faster :drool:
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: VR6-Joe on 28 April 2009, 12:45
Oh you have the 1.6, I thought you were on about the 1.8

The 1.6 GL's are actually quite rare!!
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: Shady Pioneer on 28 April 2009, 12:53
Oh you have the 1.6, I thought you were on about the 1.8

The 1.6 GL's are actually quite rare!!

Sorry man but my 1.8 GL isn't gutless that's for sure.
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: tobybrennan on 28 April 2009, 12:59
yeah its a 1.6 GL:)
hopefully picking it up later

done 148,000 miles though, not really a problem on a dub though is it?
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: AlanD on 28 April 2009, 13:00
I wouldnt just assume that because its VW that it can last forever lol

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=101400.0
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: tobybrennan on 28 April 2009, 13:01
yeah deffo
the same with any car isn't it really.
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: DrewGTI on 28 April 2009, 17:10
148,000 i'd want a good service history!  :smiley:



how much too?
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: tobybrennan on 28 April 2009, 22:09
full service history from new:)

erm £895
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: VR6-Joe on 28 April 2009, 22:13
I'd knock the seller down. I've been offered one with 50,000 less miles for 650 quid. Only problem is, it's 5dr :sick:
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: tobybrennan on 28 April 2009, 22:15
oh really?
wheres this?
not a bad deal ay
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: DrewGTI on 28 April 2009, 22:26
full service history from new:)

erm £895


At £895 i'd look around for a Gti or is the insurance a prob?
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: tobybrennan on 28 April 2009, 22:29
insurance is a prob yeah
as im only 17
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: Mikester on 28 April 2009, 22:31
full service history from new:)

erm £895

I paid £990 for a mk3 8v, 1 lady owner, FVWSH with 100k on the clocks.

I could find a non gti mk3, better than that for £400 probably..... VR6JOE just got one for 350. lol
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: tobybrennan on 28 April 2009, 22:33
oh really?
well the 1.6GL pretty much suits me
on insurance, may not be the fastest but its not too bad
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: Mikester on 28 April 2009, 22:35
oh really?
well the 1.6GL pretty much suits me
on insurance, may not be the fastest but its not too bad

Not saying you shouldnt get the 1.6GL, just saying you can get a better deal price wise mate.
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: tobybrennan on 28 April 2009, 22:36
with the same sort of insurance price?
cause i would prefer something with less then bloody 148,000 miles!
which is what it has, although it has full service history, from new.
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: DrewGTI on 28 April 2009, 22:42
Seen alot of gti's here, auto trader and ebay for that price with less miles on it. . .

i know you want the car but wouldn't rush into anything mate. . not at that price anyway
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: tobybrennan on 28 April 2009, 22:45
yeah i guess so mate.

so what sort of price you reckon i should be paying?
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: boneybradley on 28 April 2009, 22:46
t.b.h I would pay £700-800 if its really good....the gti shamefully isn't really worth any more than a non gti model!! I was looking at a non gti (as the wife is driving now!) and the prices were very similar!
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: tobybrennan on 28 April 2009, 22:47
yeah i mean its £895 now

so i'll try drop him down a bit.
do you think 148,000 miles is slightly concerning?
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: VR6-Joe on 28 April 2009, 23:05
I had a P reg 1.4 SE on 128k miles, which I paid 500 quid for, but to be fair it was a high spec model with lots of factory fitted extras.

I should be purchasing an N reg 1.6 CL at the weekend for 350 quid. 10 months mot and 5 months tax. Unsure of mileage but with that much tax and test I'm not fussed because it's just gunna be adaily hack.

I have a P reg 2.8 VR6 Highline sitting on my front garden which I'll be putting on the road in September time when my insurance drops to a sensible price. (Approx 1200 squid)

Btw I'm only 18 and not really finding insurance a problem. Just under 500 quid for the 1.6 CL.
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: tobybrennan on 29 April 2009, 08:09
oh really?
well ive been quoted £1,998 for a 1.6GL mk3

rape on insurance
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: AlanD on 29 April 2009, 12:42
Btw I'm only 18 and not really finding insurance a problem. Just under 500 quid for the 1.6 CL.

Sorry, I just refuse to believe that.
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: beccasmk3gti on 30 April 2009, 00:14
I had a P reg 1.4 SE on 128k miles, which I paid 500 quid for, but to be fair it was a high spec model with lots of factory fitted extras.

I should be purchasing an N reg 1.6 CL at the weekend for 350 quid. 10 months mot and 5 months tax. Unsure of mileage but with that much tax and test I'm not fussed because it's just gunna be adaily hack.

I have a P reg 2.8 VR6 Highline sitting on my front garden which I'll be putting on the road in September time when my insurance drops to a sensible price. (Approx 1200 squid)

Btw I'm only 18 and not really finding insurance a problem. Just under 500 quid for the 1.6 CL.

mines £1300 on the vr6 for my insurance worth every many of that just for the fun cumming up to my last month so will have 2 years no claims soon n im 25 now so hoping its going to be a lot less now
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: tobybrennan on 30 April 2009, 11:06
rip off these days isn't:)

dread to think what it'll be like if i got a vr6 baring in mind im 17
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: Shady Pioneer on 30 April 2009, 11:14
rip off these days isn't:)

dread to think what it'll be like if i got a vr6 baring in mind im 17

Well I'm 20 with 1 NCB as of August, it'll cost me £1300 to insure a VR. :S
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: tobybrennan on 30 April 2009, 11:16
just stupid isn't it lol:)

there rapid thoughh soo
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: JC on 30 April 2009, 11:17
Oh you have the 1.6, I thought you were on about the 1.8

The 1.6 GL's are actually quite rare!!

Sorry man but my 1.8 GL isn't gutless that's for sure.

you match ya car then tubby  :grin: :wink:

Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: Shady Pioneer on 30 April 2009, 11:21
Oh you have the 1.6, I thought you were on about the 1.8

The 1.6 GL's are actually quite rare!!

Sorry man but my 1.8 GL isn't gutless that's for sure.

you match ya car then tubby  :grin: :wink:



I'm not even gonna bother retaliating to that lol!
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: VR6-Joe on 30 April 2009, 11:24
Btw I'm only 18 and not really finding insurance a problem. Just under 500 quid for the 1.6 CL.

Sorry, I just refuse to believe that.

1 sec, I'll get a quote
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: JC on 30 April 2009, 11:25
Oh you have the 1.6, I thought you were on about the 1.8

The 1.6 GL's are actually quite rare!!

Sorry man but my 1.8 GL isn't gutless that's for sure.

you match ya car then tubby  :grin: :wink:



I'm not even gonna bother retaliating to that lol!

but alas you did by quoting and posting  :grin:
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: VR6-Joe on 30 April 2009, 11:29
My bad, it's slightly over 500, not under.

 
VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 
Registration: 1996
Engine Size: 1598cc Petrol Manual

This quote is valid until the end of 09/06/2009 and is inclusive of the relevant government levy/insurance premium tax. 
Premium:  £540.45


That's third party, fire, and theft

Plus I live in the middle of nowhere
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: tobybrennan on 30 April 2009, 11:34
impressivee

mines £770, thats with my mum as main driver :)
goes down a tad when im 18 though
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: Wayne on 30 April 2009, 11:41
I am 33 with full ncd, I was paying £550 fully comp on my Golf 8v Gti with all mods covered, switched to a 5 series Bmw and it has gone down to £211 fully comp.
Title: Re: again... does anyone know?
Post by: Shady Pioneer on 30 April 2009, 11:41
Oh you have the 1.6, I thought you were on about the 1.8

The 1.6 GL's are actually quite rare!!

Sorry man but my 1.8 GL isn't gutless that's for sure.

you match ya car then tubby  :grin: :wink:



I'm not even gonna bother retaliating to that lol!

but alas you did by quoting and posting  :grin:

Well you know me  :grin: :grin: :grin: