GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: uta_flyinghigh on 28 April 2009, 08:27

Title: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: uta_flyinghigh on 28 April 2009, 08:27
So it appears I've been receiving a lot of offers for my US tailgate and bumpers.
As the car's 15 years old with 121k miles it's tempting to sell and start a new project.
Thoughts ?
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: robz on 28 April 2009, 09:33
have ya got any pics of it??
may help the poll...
and ive never seen the us spec bumpers... lol ;)
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: don_231 on 28 April 2009, 09:41
id be interested in the boot and bumpers, but i know for a fact there will be some idiot willing to pay 3 times as much for them...
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: uta_flyinghigh on 28 April 2009, 09:56
Recent pics :

(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g220/UTA_flyinghigh/Voitureuhs/Willoumobiles/Golf%20III/willoumobile_golf3_20.jpg)

(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g220/UTA_flyinghigh/Voitureuhs/Willoumobiles/Golf%20III/willoumobile_golf3_22.jpg)

(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g220/UTA_flyinghigh/Voitureuhs/Willoumobiles/Golf%20III/willoumobile_golf3_21.jpg)

UTA
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: Guy on 28 April 2009, 10:00
don't think I have ever seen a brown dash in a mk3 before? i likes  :smiley:

btw... if you are breaking it then first dibs on that centre console cupholder pls!!   :wink:
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: Wayne on 28 April 2009, 11:09
I would keep it, something different.

If however you do break it I would list the tailgate on ed38 they go mad for them on there.
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: Mikester on 28 April 2009, 11:12
How much for the whole car?
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: VR6-Joe on 28 April 2009, 12:44
Keep it as it is, seriously.

My Highline came with a Fischer CD holder, easily available off ebay, but I know they're quite rare so I refuse to sell mine. So many people get annoyed when I tell them it's not for sale
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: Shady Pioneer on 28 April 2009, 12:54
If you do decide to sell I'll have a few bits off you as I have the same interior just it's a RHD model :P
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: kells on 28 April 2009, 13:01
break it

put the bumpers and tailgate on ed38, the scene tax will earn you good money

Guy the drinks holders are avaliable online for about 10 quid plus the same delivery from the states but they are for left hand drive cars so dont fit perfect in a RHD console
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: Guy on 28 April 2009, 13:03
Keep it as it is, seriously.

My Highline came with a Fischer CD holder, easily available off ebay, but I know they're quite rare so I refuse to sell mine. So many people get annoyed when I tell them it's not for sale

is that a cd holder/cup holder combined?
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: Shady Pioneer on 28 April 2009, 13:13
Keep it as it is, seriously.

My Highline came with a Fischer CD holder, easily available off ebay, but I know they're quite rare so I refuse to sell mine. So many people get annoyed when I tell them it's not for sale

is that a cd holder/cup holder combined?

No it's just the CD holder chap. Don't think they made a combined one?
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: uta_flyinghigh on 28 April 2009, 13:17
Thanks for the input. I'm in SoCal and Mexico next week (cue the swine flu jokes), I may visit a JY and see if they have any VW's in there  :grin:

UTA
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: Guy on 28 April 2009, 13:24
Keep it as it is, seriously.

My Highline came with a Fischer CD holder, easily available off ebay, but I know they're quite rare so I refuse to sell mine. So many people get annoyed when I tell them it's not for sale

is that a cd holder/cup holder combined?

No it's just the CD holder chap. Don't think they made a combined one?

cool - i just want the cup holder anyway... anyone know how to get hold of one in the UK?
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: Shady Pioneer on 28 April 2009, 13:26
Keep it as it is, seriously.

My Highline came with a Fischer CD holder, easily available off ebay, but I know they're quite rare so I refuse to sell mine. So many people get annoyed when I tell them it's not for sale

is that a cd holder/cup holder combined?

No it's just the CD holder chap. Don't think they made a combined one?

cool - i just want the cup holder anyway... anyone know how to get hold of one in the UK?

+1 I bloody hate having to put my McDonalds coke in the door insert or the dashboard. I want something to actually HOLD it :)
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: Mikester on 28 April 2009, 13:28
I know where to get these..... Will find the link....
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: *tell* on 28 April 2009, 19:11
Spend more money and slam it!
 :nerd:
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: shepgti on 28 April 2009, 19:31
break it :wink:
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: Mikester on 28 April 2009, 22:26
Nah, dont break it. At the end of the day its only a few bits that make it different to a UK spec one.

Sell it whole, or not at all. But if your not into the show scene it might be enjoyed more by someone else.

I would buy it from you, at the right price. lol.
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: kells on 28 April 2009, 22:42
its a sh!tter, bloody get it broke and coin in on it...you will do well out of it this way.. its worth sod all as a whole even more so in LHD format
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: Mikester on 28 April 2009, 23:10
US tailgate would sell for about £350 on Ed38.....
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: Wayne on 28 April 2009, 23:12
I would list the whole car on ed38, they may go mad and give you a lot if not break it.
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: Mikester on 28 April 2009, 23:13
sell the tailgate and bumper, and stick standard ones on, and sell the car?
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: kells on 28 April 2009, 23:23
sell the tailgate and bumper, and stick standard ones on, and sell the car?


possible good idea to shift the shell on, wont get much for iut but still decent idea as the bumpers and tailgate will go well, god knows why haha
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: Mikester on 29 April 2009, 12:09
sell the tailgate and bumper, and stick standard ones on, and sell the car?


possible good idea to shift the shell on, wont get much for iut but still decent idea as the bumpers and tailgate will go well, god knows why haha

US tailgates look GASH. As there is that funky trim line around it that is plastic, would need to be smoothed for me.

Wouldnt mind the running lights of the front, but they would have to be put into my bumper.
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: kells on 29 April 2009, 12:26
agree mike, look so terrible, i have a mate in the states, they all want the uk spec tailgate as it looks so much cleaner

they also want out textured bumpers, headlights and front fogs


the side running lamps look ok, you could easy make something similar (and better looking) for yours and wire them up to the sidelights
Title: Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
Post by: Mikester on 29 April 2009, 12:29
the side running lamps look ok, you could easy make something similar (and better looking) for yours and wire them up to the sidelights

Thinking about it, but its a lot of ball ache, and probably one of the last mods i wil do to my car. Like audio is one of the last mods. I have a headunit i got for a fiver, and all original vw blown speakers. lol. Riding dirtyyyyyyy