GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Richard Andrews on 27 April 2009, 22:22

Title: VR6 furniture weight...
Post by: Richard Andrews on 27 April 2009, 22:22
Iam thinking about stripping the car completely to shed some weight. Was wondered if anyone has done this and what the combined weight of everything was? I would keep the dash and just chuck in a pair of sparcos!
Title: Re: VR6 furniture weight...
Post by: Paul86S2 on 27 April 2009, 22:55
Including some of the aircon system and adding back in 2 bucket seats and harnesses I have removed about 100 to 110 kgs.

Depends on how drastic your planning to be. The above figure includes door cards, headlining, swapping electric windows for manual ones, stereo, speakers etc etc.

I have got a rough breakdown of the weights if you need it.

This was on a 3 door 16v GTI

Paul
Title: Re: VR6 furniture weight...
Post by: Richard Andrews on 27 April 2009, 23:21
I am gonna strip the lot and keep two sparcos, dash and the rear strut brace. I would have though about 100kgs to?

How much does AC weight?
Title: Re: VR6 furniture weight...
Post by: Wayne on 28 April 2009, 00:06
I am gonna strip the lot and keep two sparcos, dash and the rear strut brace. I would have though about 100kgs to?

How much does AC weight?

I would keep the air-con, will help with heat soak into the the cabin.
Title: Re: VR6 furniture weight...
Post by: Paul86S2 on 28 April 2009, 11:04
I am gonna strip the lot and keep two sparcos, dash and the rear strut brace. I would have though about 100kgs to?

How much does AC weight?
Aircon rad and pipes = 3kg, dryer and pipes = 2.4kg, and compressor = 8kg. So a total of 13.4 kgs.

I didn't remove the matrix inside the car because its all linked up wuth the blower and heater.

Paul