GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: kat975 on 27 April 2009, 20:05
-
My new car insurance policy asks for a milometer reading about my car paint details. I have no idea what i'm supposed to put or do???
Help please :smiley:
-
errr why do they want to know the paints thickness???
-
that's fcuked up?
you sure they don't want a mileage reading and to know your paint colour/code? :huh:
-
well they asked for paint colour then paint finish and then milometer reading?? im just confused
-
that's fcuked up?
you sure they don't want a mileage reading and to know your paint colour/code? :huh:
must be this..surley :undecided:
-
that's fcuked up?
you sure they don't want a mileage reading and to know your paint colour/code? :huh:
I'm guessing this too? (although i could be shocked yet!)
-
well if I put the mileage and they meant my paintwork then theyll find it a slightly large number :tongue:
-
just ring them to clear it up.
-
insurer - "8v or 16v"
*hang up*
-
IF this was to be a gauge of of your paint depth I doubt they would be asking you to record your paint depth in MILS
1 mil = 1/1000 of an inch
most factory paint = 4 to 6 mils in depth
a far more accurate way of reading paint depth is MICRONS
1 micron = 1/1000 of a millimeter
in short a micron is much smaller than a mil and is therefore more accurate when allowing you to calculate the depth of clearcoat you are removing when you are going at it with a polisher!
here endeth the lesson in paint depth measurement... god I should moderate the detailing section... oh... hold on... i do! :lipsrsealed:
-
Either way, if they want to really know the paint depth, then i would change insurers.