GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: boneybradley on 13 April 2009, 14:05

Title: Misfire after a caning! mk3 8v
Post by: boneybradley on 13 April 2009, 14:05
Well I thought I knew all about mk3's but I have an issue I can't work out... basically if I drive normally my car is 100% but if I use some revs and drive fast she starts to miss when i ease off and only clears if I pres the pedal hard again. It feels like its over fuelling and wants to cut out but it will idle perfectly and when it clears all the power comes back until I ease off again and the miss comes back!! then after a few miles it goes!
I have replaced the temp sensor and cleaned the throttle body along with a good service and it's no different! I know she has a vacumm leak (and parts have being bought as a pipe is split!) but would this affect it?
Title: Re: Misfire after a caning! mk3 8v
Post by: golf newbie on 13 April 2009, 14:18
I had the same kind of same problem.

turned out to be no2 ht lead
Title: Re: Misfire after a caning! mk3 8v
Post by: davero on 14 April 2009, 11:33
Vacuum leak could definately cause those symptoms
Title: Re: Misfire after a caning! mk3 8v
Post by: Len on 14 April 2009, 13:06
I concur.




vacuum leak
Title: Re: Misfire after a caning! mk3 8v
Post by: boneybradley on 14 April 2009, 17:39
well thats good as there's a split breather.....just need to fix it now (or do I?) :laugh:
Title: Re: Misfire after a caning! mk3 8v
Post by: Adam on 14 April 2009, 17:57
Gaffa tape for the time being?
Title: Re: Misfire after a caning! mk3 8v
Post by: lukesGTI on 26 April 2009, 12:27
Have you sorted out your misfire yet Boney, im stumped i have the same problem?
Title: Re: Misfire after a caning! mk3 8v
Post by: euro-gti on 16 May 2009, 01:18
no i have not solved it yet but i am buy a brand new maf sensor thing tommorow as i have changed everything else possible il let you know if it works hope it does have a job on monday